TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby American Collection annual fundraising party 3-Sep-2016: Photos

twobjshelbys

This is a fresh topic (the other collected a fair amount of side chatter) for my photos from the Shelby American Collection museum annual fundraiser party. All photos are linked from Photobucket.

Arrival

Ford GT. This guy picked up an allocation for a new GT.

DSC_5193_zpsqphuiinw.jpg

This is CSX2052 (an early 260 car) and is my favorite Cobra at the museum. Why? Because Peter Werlin drives the snot out of it during the summer and it's a resident at the museum during the winter

DSC_5195_zpstfgczojs.jpg

Inside with CSX2000

DSC_5199_zpsy3ul1jt0.jpg

DSC_5200_zpsgffdoawj.jpg

DSC_5201_zpseabl63vl.jpg

DSC_5202_zps88gjgrqk.jpg

DSC_5203_zpsxg43cyz8.jpg

Lower area showing blue paint chipped away and showing the yellow color that it was shown with. There was supposed to be a door chip somewhere showing additional colors but I couldn't find it.

DSC_5204_zps3d79127x.jpg

CSX2000 was sitting next to the Miller Daytona Coupe CSX2299

DSC_5205_zpswh4fzlxj.jpg

Some interior shots

DSC_5206_zpsaqanllxu.jpg

DSC_5207_zps3wlj8osa.jpg

DSC_5208_zpscd6lrwgk.jpg

DSC_5209_zpsej41hn9t.jpg

DSC_5210_zpss05ok2mi.jpg

DSC_5211_zpsz0nh50ge.jpg

DSC_5212_zpskkmplgsd.jpg

DSC_5213_zpsg88z6e8h.jpg

Since the museum at the Miller Motorsports Park has closed much of the collection is now at the SAC. This includes the Miller GT40s. Along with J7, there are now 6 GT40's all nestled together here.

DSC_5214_cropped_zpsguqxt32j.jpg

DSC_5215_zpshdl81l9f.jpg

Unlike the rest of the cars, this particular one had no placard to give details. I'm trying to get more info.

DSC_5216_zpsw6jyowln.jpg

DSC_5217_cropped_zpsfvnhjzpq.jpg

DSC_5218_zpsuz9cecgq.jpg

DSC_5223_cropped_zpsgwh0brra.jpg

DSC_5219_zpss9n55qhy.jpg

DSC_5220_cropped_zps80nn7oxy.jpg

DSC_5221_zps5eriep8g.jpg

DSC_5224_cropped_zpsl81kyhc4.jpg

DSC_5225_zpsbvw8omli.jpg

I have a video walkby that I will post later.

The event usually draws some number of the 60's Shelby American team.

DSC_5227_zpsgparitdb.jpg

DSC_5229_zpsgbdhgo7y.jpg

DSC_5230_zpselgscwe6.jpg

This is Terry Bagley, Carroll's secretary (although most know who really worked for who). She had told a story about how Ken Miles was robbed of his Le Mans win because Ford wanted to stage the photo finish. Unfortunately I didn't get a video of that but did get another story that I'll add later.

DSC_5232_zps8xxpw647.jpg

DSC_5233_zpsjqncjjfy.jpg

DSC_5235_zps3nvd5k96.jpg

Thanks, look like fun. I need to visit sometime, but since they are only open a few hours each week, hard to get it coordinated.

Funny you should mention that :) Actually their side is fixed. They are open 10-4 Saturday.

I had a discussion with the principals about some future stuff and with the Miller cars they are bursting at the seams. They are talking about expansion into a larger space and adding additional days/hours, but none of this is certain and I've seen another quote from Greg Miller that they are also considering a new Salt Lake location. The SAC wouldn't likely expand if the Miller site happens. I guess we'll stand by.

Walk by the GT40s

[video=youtube;s09mFEhWb70]

This is Terry Bagely, Carroll Shelby's secretary, telling a story about a "cobra". She always has something to tell about "the good old days". She had just finished a tale about how the 66 Le Mans win was taken from Ken Miles because Ford wanted to stage a photo finish.

Funny you should mention that :) Actually their side is fixed. They are open 10-4 Saturday.

I had a discussion with the principals about some future stuff and with the Miller cars they are bursting at the seams. They are talking about expansion into a larger space and adding additional days/hours, but none of this is certain and I've seen another quote from Greg Miller that they are also considering a new Salt Lake location. The SAC wouldn't likely expand if the Miller site happens. I guess we'll stand by.

Good to know, it must be a sore and very sensitive subject with the locals, I got reamed out real good by a Joe Bolis on the SAAC board for mentioning and informing new people about the limited hours. Hope it does expand.

This is what Greg Miller has said about a new Shelby museum for the full Miller collection of Shelby vehicles:

:cool:

https://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2016/09/14/a-conversation-with-the-buyer-of-csx2000-the-shelby-cobra-prototype/?refer=news