TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Vail Wheels and Wings Festival, hardly any Blue Ovals???

mikeljgt500kr

I just attended the 6th annual Vail Wheels and Wings Festival, well over 200 cars on display and judged, great show including a road tour for participants up toward Steamboat. There was one Shelby (a Super Snake), one Ford GT, one F-100, and two Mustangs out that many cars??? Lots of replica Cobras, that left early. I have never been at a large car event like that with so few Ford and Shelby products. The Mountain Region must be pretty small.

Never heard of it before. Lived there until two years ago and still keep track of the regional events. So maybe they need some PR.

Drove "through" Vail on Wednesday. Always try to not stop there because they would like to charge for air and water if they could. Well they do charge for water and are probably working on air.

Noone that works there can afford to live there. When I was involved in a small town planning board we always used Vail as what not to do.

Actually, the Mountain region is quite large! Organizing it is difficult due to the spread out locales. For example, both Denver and Vegas are in Mountain. Salt Lake too. Even the state CO group has problems because of the size of the area. Very few people will do anything other than a 1/2 day trip for a car show. The Steamboat Mustang event being an exception.

Edited by twobjshelbys

Well, they must have done some publicity in Denver, about 350 people came in from Denver for the show, along with the 250 or so with the 200 cars, a 600 person event was about as big as I have seen in the Rockies for a car show in my life. Nice air show with WWII, Korean War jets, and stunt planes, the USAFA skydiving team of 20, and a car auction that sold 100 cars. Barrett Jackson was also there as a sponsor. Pretty big event. You guys need to show the Team Shelby Rocky Mountain Chapter badges next year:

http://www.vailautomotiveclassic.com

I've also never heard of this one. The largest Mustang show in the area is held in Steamboat Springs every Father's day weekend in June. As normal, we had about 500 (only Mustangs) this year. There were over 80 Shelby's at that event and it's the same weekend as the Tulsa Shelby Show. It's put on by the five mustang clubs in the Front Range of CO. There were multiple competing events this weekend like the Good Guys event in Loveland which had over a thousand vehicles in attendance. There was a large Lincoln/Ford event in Westminster which had a couple hundred cars. I know of four different shows this weekend which I did have fliers for.

The Mustang Club I'm in is holding our annual Wild West Autofest this coming Saturday at Clement Park in Littleton. We normally have between 400-600 cars for this event on the grass. It used to be a fully judged show, but last year we converted it to just a great end of summer event where you come and hang out at a great event as part of the Jefferson County Summerset Festival. Many events for the entire family. It's only a $10 show with $5 of that going directly to Jefferson County Parks. Ton's of door prizes. Many people thought that they would be unhappy about it becoming a non trophy judged event, but they then realized it was so much more relaxed with not having that for an end of summer event. So many people stated that they were very excited about just being able to come out an relax with no pressure. Getting the staff to judge 600 cars within a couple hours has just become to difficult. It is a huge amount of work. That's actually a big problem in the Denver area now over the summer. Almost every weekend, you can choose between 4 or 5 different shows and events. There's almost too many. Hence why the Latest Scoop magazine has been around for so long trying to keep up with all the events.

So guys, when I lived in Lyons early in the car show season I tried to make a topic for each of the ones I knew about. I even think I did it this spring for the few standard ones that I could find confirmed dates for. It also seemed to serve as a reminder for others to post up a topic for ones they'd heard about. Perhaps someone in at least Central CO can pick up the torch.

I miss Good Guys and was once again asked if I was going to bring my GT. They changed it from spring to fall though.

A friend of mine was showing his Lincoln and Ranchero at the Ford show, but I was already back in NV.

Shelby American party pictures today, I promise.

Edited by twobjshelbys