TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Shelby GTE

jaydub Mach1

• 3 months later...

You are correct Sir.

I am not so sure this is an accurate statement. Shelby has used the Shelby GT name plate for years. In addition GT is such a common nomenclature in the car world it is hardly "proprietary". Would you mind referencing who or where you heard this info so we can determine whether you are providing accurate info or making stuff up as you go along? Congrats on your new ride.

When we used Shelby GT we were not as tied to Ford as Shelby is now. Different times

When we used Shelby GT we were not as tied to Ford as Shelby is now. Different times

So one can only wonder if the Shelby GT being changed to the GTE is setting us up for another Shelby GT (of some sort) coming from Ford? Hmmmmmmm Shelby GT3 has a nice sound...Shelby GT Twin Turbo.

Wishful thinking....I'm a dreamer.

The GTE was a poor decision! The GTE is what the 07-08 Shelby GT was then along the way SAI made a mistake by getting away from what the original car was and look the Shelby GT is now a $75k car. Instead of more alphabet soup just turn the GTE back into the GT as what is the E for economy I think that's crazy this is a high performance car company stick to what made you so great.

And now come the 19th everyone is guessing this and that when in reality they are very limited to what they can do because you have the base GT Mustang and the Eco-boost plus V6 Mustangs. From what I was told per agreement with Ford that SAI will be hands off the GT350 so no packages for it. Unless that has changed, then what could it be?

The GTE was a poor decision! The GTE is what the 07-08 Shelby GT was then along the way SAI made a mistake by getting away from what the original car was and look the Shelby GT is now a $75k car. Instead of more alphabet soup just turn the GTE back into the GT as what is the E for economy I think that's crazy this is a high performance car company stick to what made you so great.

And now come the 19th everyone is guessing this and that when in reality they are very limited to what they can do because you have the base GT Mustang and the Eco-boost plus V6 Mustangs. From what I was told per agreement with Ford that SAI will be hands off the GT350 so no packages for it. Unless that has changed, then what could it be?

You got the best of the current Shelby offerings in my opinion, being limited I bet it holds its value fairly well also. Anyone looking at the Current Shelby GT or Supersnake should snatch a Terlingua if they are still available. The funny thing is these Hertz owners that think their cars are worth more then a loaded Terlingua, that is some funny stuff right there......

• 1 year later...

The GTE should be a peer competitor to the ROUSH stage 3. The GTE is a nicer looking mustang and commands a higher price difference but should also command higher performance. The GTE should be a 30k minimum package that includes the base supercharger. That would bring the price of the Mustang GTE between 65k-70k depending on the cost of the base model. More people would purchase the 2018 GTE in this configuration. The reviews were misleading due to the GTE being equipped with the performance power pack 2 equivalent or maybe just having the power pack 3 would make a difference with a 25k package similar to the 2019 Bullit. 

The GTE is a very impressive car, looks amazing and drives amazing around the speed vegas track. having the power pack 3 with included added cost as the base GTE would be better, a supercharger with   would be amazing. 

On 1/17/2017 at 7:07 PM, carnut12 said:

You got the best of the current Shelby offerings in my opinion, being limited I bet it holds its value fairly well also. Anyone looking at the Current Shelby GT or Supersnake should snatch a Terlingua if they are still available. The funny thing is these Hertz owners that think their cars are worth more then a loaded Terlingua, that is some funny stuff right there......

Wow this was a year ago, those same Hertz cars are still for sale, but the prices have cut in half.  They were asking well over $100K last year, LMAO.