TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby American Special Vehicle Unveil on Friday 09/02/2016

SAI-Steven

Well, if the upgrade options from the catalog are unlimited then there is no difference other than the name plate between this and the Shelby GT.

It's a great looking car but I'm confused by what SAI is trying to achieve, past grabbing a headline from the automotive blogs for 24hrs.

I hate that I'm feeling awful cynical about SAI recently. I know there a great people there but the direction of the company is baffling at best.

You nailed it.

Well, if the upgrade options from the catalog are unlimited then there is no difference other than the name plate between this and the Shelby GT.

It's a great looking car but I'm confused by what SAI is trying to achieve, past grabbing a headline from the automotive blogs for 24hrs.

I hate that I'm feeling awful cynical about SAI recently. I know there a great people there but the direction of the company is baffling at best

I couldn't agree more. This is kind of turning into a joke.

In my best Jon Travolta voice while waving my jazz hands;

'E-lectrostatic

'Enhanced' is an interesting choice. I assume this means it replaces the SGT?

No, it does not replace the SGT. The Shelby GT is still shown as available and the news releases make no mention of it replacing the SGT.

After some more web searching I see an base package price of $17,999. Not a bad deal considering Ford will now finance 75% of that. Just wish they had made this a new option on the SGT vs. a new model. SAI went down this road once before with the short lived GTS, so why now with the GTE?

With the 10th anniversary of the SGT next year (2017 model year) this 'Enhanced' package would make a lot more sense as a intro package to Shelby as an SGT.

The GTE makes sense if it was a stand alone package for the Ecoboost.

Edited by EL SHELBY

I guess it's another option for those that can't afford the more expensive options, but this will end up being more expensive then the GT-350 that in my opinion blows it away in every possible way.

If you care about it coming from SAI it's good they gave the option of getting a Shelby GT with no supercharger.

I'll try to be objective:

I like the unvieling of anything new from Shelby. With that said, it is hard to compete with the new GT350. So I can see the thought process here and this is clearly a car for those who want the product with the Shelby name and can't afford a Super Snake. The problem is you can get at GT350 for similar money and it is just a better Mustang. I would have been more impressed if Shelby would have offered an Eco Boost Voodoo.

If you care about it coming from SAI it's good they gave the option of getting a Shelby GT with no supercharger.

Actually... They already broke out the supercharger as an option for the GT, so you can get a NA Shelby GT now.

I like the idea that if you really like the GT-H, you can make yours one. Adding in a few HP from the new FP power packs doesn't hurt. Might be more attractive just making them lower priced options for the Shelby GT badged product.

The Road and Track review is not kind. Sorrry, can't post the link from my phone.

The Title of the Article says:

"The 2017 Shelby GTE Is a Striped Mustang With Not Much More Power"

I remember Ford doing this back in 1995-1996 with a Mustang GT-S. A Striped down Mustang GT. Also, didn't the Shelby GT 350 only have 306 HP and the Mustang GT K-Code had 275 HP?

The K code was actually 271 HP, but with this new car, I am practicing the forum rule, if you can't say anything positive or nice just shut up.......... :)

I am thinking this Car as an Eco-Boost 4 would make a good Auto-Cross Car with just enough power to get the job done with out over shooting the Turns and Apex's.

What's the difference between this and the most recent Shelby GT?

The biggest difference is the lower entry price for a SAI built / CSM numbered car. Many enthusiasts have been asking for a more affordable Shelby so the team decided to put together a package that mimics a retail version of the 2016 GTH except that the GTE can be built with a manual transmission and a supercharger if so desired.

Steve

This car should have been just called a Shelby GT and the option list changed to lower the entry price. Some folks may have not wanted the wheels, who knows. The GTE will go the way of the GTS in my opinion until Shelby hits the right price point and decreases the build time resulting in more sales.

GG

I seen the car in person on Saturday and the new Lightning Blue made it look very good and I am sure most people are very disappointed as they want something new and not this rehash of the GTS that didn't work the first time around. My opinion is SAI got it wrong again, but the concept of this car is perfect as its the same concept as the original 07-08 Shelby GT. The current Shelby 15-17 GT including the 14 version is nothing like the original Shelby GT and GT/SC as the new GTE is exactly what the original Shelby GT represents. What is wrong with SAI at the moment some of you think, alphabet soup is my answer... GT, GTS, GTE, GT-H, GT/SC, CS6, CS8, GT350 (SAI), GT350 (Ford) GT500 has anyone's eyes got cross eyed yet? Too much thinking when the original idea was the best one in the first place

Also, for those what want the SAI GT350 enhanced version of whatever name even though SAI as not said it, I am sure Ford had asked SAI not to offer any package for the GT350 as part of the agreement for SAI licensing the GT350 name to them or you would have seen them do so by now.

If I were working at SAI and had an any input I would have killed this GTE but not the 'idea'. SAI had a good idea with the CS6 but it failed as it was a bolt-on kit and not a car. SAI could have fixed this error when the Eco-boost came out which should have been the GTE E for eco-boost and not economical which is just goofy. Attaching the Eco-boost to the Shelby GT was a big mistake as the cost for it made no sense and if they built more than 5 then I'd be shocked $24k for 24hp is mindboggling as to whom would pay that. The current Shelby GT package is flawed as the price for this has jumped to the Super Snake range and hello SAI management pricing the Shelby GT above the new GT350 when the GT350 is a far better car where do you think potential buyers are going? Again, if I were working at SAI, the original GTS never gets approved.

Something else that popped into my head when I first seen the GTE is, STOP with the parts swapping from car to car and calling it something different. Take the decals off and what's the difference between the GTE and GT-H and GT, not much so c'mon SAI do you think we can't see this.

The new GTE is what the original Shelby GT represented, a base Shelby with options that you can build the car you want so next time at a Bash park all the Shelby GT's next to each other and that is what you'll see and is exactly what the GTE package is

This is my answer to correct the alphabet soup land at SAI...

Shelby GT-E - Eco-boost only with options just like the other models from suspension, roll bar, brakes, exclusive GTE only wheels, etc... turbo upgrade optional

Shelby CS6 - V6 only with same options as Eco-boost but offer a Paxton supercharger option - different hood, wheels, graphics, then GTE - package would be similar to the original 07-09 Terlingua - a CS6 w/ Paxton I think would sell quite good

Shelby GT - GT/SC - eliminate the current Shelby GT package and revert it to what the new GTE package as far as price and options go. Buyers don't want this new GTE they want their Shelby GT based on the original Shelby GT which the new GTE is. A new Shelby GT should have its own styling like hood, graphics, wheels, and not the same as GT-E or CS6

Shelby GT/SR - Yes bring this option back so its a Shelby GT package with rear seat delete, roll bar, competition suspension, full brakes, exclusive GT/SR wheels, radio delete option, adj splitter, adj decklid spoiler, and more

Terlingua - can continue it in small build numbers to protect current Terlingua owners

Super Snake - I would still continue it on the GT 5.0 Coyote engine as see new GT500 idea

King Cobra - If Ford builds the rumored 2018 GT500 w/ twin turbo's as expected, then create a new package called the King Cobra using the new GT500 engine w/ turbo's and leave the Super Snake name to the supercharged cars. The King Cobra gets all new styling from body panels, hood, wheels, and especially a new graphics package w/ a King Cobra wearing a crown or Carroll's cowboy hat lol. Have a few more cool idea's on this but not saying

How many people like these idea's compared to what there is now and what they did? Mind make a lot of sense as I covered every car and every engine and cover from basic priced package to the unlimited big boy snake. I think SAI needs to hire me so no more bad alphabets are unveiled

Are you reading SAI?

I agree this is just like the original Shelby GT, they should've kept that name and offered the GT/SC package again. I also think they should have produced them and sent to dealers like the first time around. The one big difference between this and the 2007/2008 is this package is twice as much money, I can't comprehend that, but that has been the direction for years so I don't see it changing anytime soon. For this kind of money I'm buying a GT-350 or even a New Vette, maybe even an M3. There are so many options in this price range, that is the problem I see.