TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who has the FoMoCo Shelby GT500 Car Cover?

I'm looking to order a FoMoCo one today & I need a photo showing a good tight fit, part number used to order it & the cost so I can show the guy in the parts department what it should look like. Anyone here have one or two photos they can post with the requested info?

If you have one form another Mfg. please post pics with the info for others or for myself if I change my mind.

Thanks CWHR

I just posted mine a couple weeks ago, let me look it up and find the thread and I'll post the link.

It's a good indoor cover, and I love the stuff bag that is attached.

Here are the pics.... Pics of mine are with the top down, you might see is Grabber has any pics of his coupe with the cover on.

Car-Cover-Front.jpg

Car-Cover-rear.jpg

Car-Cover-Bag.jpg

NO..... don't

$325 shipping paid is what I got mine for from my dealer 115 miles away.

Let me know if you want the number, I'm sure they'd just drop ship it to you.

It won't scratch, but I would put it in the rain or elements. Not that it wouldn't stand up. I could be completely wrong, I just think it's an indoor cover personally.

I have seen several prices for this and I think it is the same cover. I pais $385 at MSRP with car order, and have seen it at $325, and over $400, but again I think they are the same cover with the SHELBY on the back and snake on the front.

I'm looking to order a FoMoCo one today & I need a photo showing a good tight fit, part number used to order it & the cost so I can show the guy in the parts department what it should look like. Anyone here have one or two photos they can post with the requested info?

If you have one form another Mfg. please post pics with the info for others or for myself if I change my mind.

Thanks CWHR

Ford has one for the Shelby part #7R3219A412-A around $400.00 CND hopes this helps....

I have to see that in a photo to know that you really have a Faygo Colored Brain :hysterical:

They are very nice high tech fabric covers. Waterproof and breathable. They are also so popular that I just ordered my second one....

Get a cable and lock set with it. I know from personal experience that they walk away.

Any one have some pics of the cover on their car? I also have seen covers that were the same color with stripes as the car. I think it was california covers??? Looked very good as well.

CW

Any one have some pics of the cover on their car? I also have seen covers that were the same color with stripes as the car. I think it was california covers??? Looked very good as well.

CW

I went with HUGGER COVERS up in Canada. 100% cotton [indoor] Blue with two white stripes. custom fit and fits great, looks so much better than the Ford cover. About $460 delivered. Hopefully I'll get some pics of it on car soon and post.

Just my opinion...Nylon covers SUCK!!!! I have one for my Vehicross and its almost impossible to put on by yourself. It you have a real clean slick finish that cover goes everywhere and mostly on the dirty floor!!!

I bought a soft flannel cover from Moss Motors for around $ 130.00. NO REGRETS!!!

CW

Go to post 2 on this thread. Mine's a vert and the top is down, but it fits great.

I think Grabber might have a pic of a coupe if you are really not sure.

Go to post 2 on this thread. Mine's a vert and the top is down, but it fits great.

I think Grabber might have a pic of a coupe if you are really not sure.

I can't find my cover pic. But it fits great. Perfect! not to tight and not loose at all.

Just my opinion...Nylon covers SUCK!!!! I have one for my Vehicross and its almost impossible to put on by yourself. It you have a real clean slick finish that cover goes everywhere and mostly on the dirty floor!!!

I bought a soft flannel cover from Moss Motors for around $ 130.00. NO REGRETS!!!

I think you're coorect about the nylon ones falling on the floor. On the vert, however, it is not a problem. My cars are next to never stored outside, however, if I need to I can leave them outside in weather with the Ford Weathershield cover. I like the Shelby one but opted for the regular Mustang ones as I don't really want to advertise whats underneath.

I have developed a method of puttin mine on, with out it sliding off the car. It just takes some crafty planning. :happy feet:

• 3 weeks later...

Who has dirt on their floor? :hysterical2:

Actually I could understand, but since my rag top keeps it perfectly in place, it's not a problem. I set it on the trunk, roll it forward the attach the front then back. To store it, I undo the front, fold to center, then the rear, and roll, holding the storage bag lines outside the roll, then in the bag she goes....

It's easy for Grabber to put his on...he has 4 bikini clad beauties that do it for him...oh yeah, and one to sweep the floor

witchonbroom.jpg

You really have dirt on your floor??? :hysterical2:

The stuff bag is attached such that it goes in the trunk when the cover is on the car. Thus helping to secure the car cover from being stolen. Don't ask why I know that is important..... :banghead:

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I would have never thought of doing that in a million years...

Here, I think I need a couple more...

:banghead::censored::banghead::censored:

I did however just make a locking coated cable for the eyelets that works great...

• 1 month later...
The stuff bag is attached such that it goes in the trunk when the cover is on the car. Thus helping to secure the car cover from being stolen. Don't ask why I know that is important..... :banghead:

Thanks for the tip - sad I didn't figure that out for myself. :banghead:

Can anyone confirm the Shelby cover is breathable? It appears Ford sells two different covers - one they make a point of saying is breathable, the GT500 one though is the WeatherShield and they don't mention anything about it being breathable. (See Ford product descriptions below)

For me, a breathable cover is important because when I cover it, the car is still in the garage. It needs to breathe or I'd worry that it's building up moisture under the cover. I haven't noticed this happening with my cover (I have the GT500 Shelby cover with Shelby and Cobra emblem on it) but being that it's summer, I haven't kept it covered much. Come winter, the cover will be on for extended periods of time.

Thanks. Rob

26 Shelby GT500 Full Vehicle Cover

Constructed of gray WeatherShield™ fabric that features the Nextec®

encapsulation process for excellent protection and compact storage.

Features “Cobra Snake” image (in black) on front and Shelby script

(in black) at rear. Includes storage bag with “Cobra Snake” image (in black).

Base Part No. 19A412

27 Full Vehicle Cover* (not pictured)

Constructed of multi-layer, non-woven, breathable material, NOAH®

covers resist rain, snow, acid rain and bird droppings, and protect your

vehicle’s finish from UV rays and door dings. Double-stitched overlapped

seams; elastic sewn into the front and rear hems help hold cover in place.

Non-scratch grommets can be used with a tie-down rope (included) or

a cable and lock (not included). Also available with WeatherShield™ fabric

that features the Nextec® encapsulation process for excellent protection

and compact storage. Silk-screened logo on front; license plate view

window in rear.

Base Part No. 19A412

This cover came with my car as part of the package and it fits very nice. The bag attached to the back inside hangs down and covers the license plate with another snake logo from the inside. Looks pretty cool.......It does slide on the car but like others I roll it up from the front to rear and put it back on on unrolling from rear back to the front. Hang the to side mirrors and it holds it nice.

Archived