TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tammy Allen collection at Barrett Jackson Las Vegas 2016

twobjshelbys

I was looking to see what might be coming up and noticed a whole bunch of Tammy Allen's cars. It's just a preview and no other info at the BJ site so at first I thought it just a "make space for more" thinning of the heard. Alas, she experienced some stress in her life and closed the museum in Grand Junction, CO last December. Most of her collection will be sold at the auction in Vegas in October.

Tammy allen collection web site:

http://allenuniqueautos.com/

The loss of a child and her having to help support a mother battling leukemia I am sure is difficult. While it is tragic that yet another auto enthusiast is closing an automobile museum and the local community will be losing an attraction, such things pale in comparison to the personal tragedy of losing loved ones. I commend her decision to spend more time with family and loved ones. Best wishes to her, I hope she gets top dollar for everything at the auction.

The loss of a child and her having to help support a mother battling leukemia I am sure is difficult. While it is tragic that yet another auto enthusiast is closing an automobile museum and the local community will be losing an attraction, such things pale in comparison to the personal tragedy of losing loved ones. I commend her decision to spend more time with family and loved ones. Best wishes to her, I hope she gets top dollar for everything at the auction.

+1 ... a good person who will be missed in the automotive scene but I support her decision.

Well, there goes our car club's cruise idea for the spring. With that museum closed, no car things to see in that area anymore.

You do know about the Gateway museum right? That's not that far out of Grand Junction.

http://gatewayautomuseum.com/

The Gateway Museum is a must see if you've never been there. Some great roads in the area and an amazing facility. John Hendricks (who started Discovery Communications and much more) created that place. His son Andrew, who raced in the Miller Mustang Challenge series, runs the Baja course where you can actually drive real Baja trucks on a closed course. It is amazing!

Edited by JeffJ

You do know about the Gateway museum right? That's not that far out of Grand Junction.

http://gatewayautomuseum.com/

The Gateway Museum is a must see if you've never been there. Some great roads in the area and an amazing facility. John Hendricks (who started Discovery Communications and much more) created that place. His son Andrew, who raced in the Miller Mustang Challenge series, runs the Baja course where you can actually drive real Baja trucks on a closed course. It is amazing!

Gateway is an awesome museum, and the hotel/restaurant is as equally awesome. I've stayed there three times.

The museum has the Olds F88 that Hendricks bought at Barrett Jackson in a turntable display that lets you see the whole car. Way cool. I've posted pictures of it somewhere here.

Gateway is an awesome museum, and the hotel/restaurant is as equally awesome. I've stayed there three times.

The museum has the Olds F88 that Hendricks bought at Barrett Jackson in a turntable display that lets you see the whole car. Way cool. I've posted pictures of it somewhere here.

Was the F88 the one where the bidder sat in the car and refused to move until it hammered? I remember watching it and thinking that guy is nuts.

Was the F88 the one where the bidder sat in the car and refused to move until it hammered? I remember watching it and thinking that guy is nuts.

Yep, the guy in the Ferrari hat. That was just a representative for John Hendricks, buying cars for the collection.