TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Muffler upgrade question

bnoslo

Just wondering if anyone knows of another muffler available that compares to the KR muffler for the '05-'09 cars? I love the sound of those mufflers and want to know if there's another one comparable for the '14's. Any input is welcome, just please be respectful of everyone's opinion.

Thanks in advance

Thanks. If i ever get an interest in the '15's and newer i will keep these in mind, i still just can't seem to like the rear of the car from the center of the rear wheel and back. Just something about it to me that has room for improvement. But anyways, i was talking about the '14's which is a totally different exhaust setup. I actually should have been more specific too, i was originally meaning what would be comparable to the FR500S mufflers used on the GT500KR"s.

I have a '14 GT 5.0 with Roush Performance mufflers. They physically resemble the KR's and also have an aggressive, but not annoying sound to them.

Link: http://www.roushperformance.com/parts/Mustang-Exhaust-with-Round-Tips-2011-2012.html

Check out the video:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/roush-axleback-2011gt.html

Edited by Secondo

Thanks. If i ever get an interest in the '15's and newer i will keep these in mind, i still just can't seem to like the rear of the car from the center of the rear wheel and back. Just something about it to me that has room for improvement. But anyways, i was talking about the '14's which is a totally different exhaust setup. I actually should have been more specific too, i was originally meaning what would be comparable to the FR500S mufflers used on the GT500KR"s.

I had FRPP's on my 07 GT500 and I found they sounded very close to the KR's.

I have a '14 GT 5.0 with Roush Performance mufflers. They physically resemble the KR's and also have an aggressive, but not annoying sound to them.

Link: http://www.roushperformance.com/parts/Mustang-Exhaust-with-Round-Tips-2011-2012.html

Check out the video:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/roush-axleback-2011gt.html

Secondo, any drone from these, and do you know how much of a difference it makes if the car has 3.73 gears? I know it will raise the rpm's a little compared to the standard 3.31's so does it put the sound in that drone range when cruising?

I may just have to save and get the GT500 valance and Corsa quad tip mufflers, but saveing is the hard part when they cost a lot just for mufflers.

Cool. The GT I found is also a track pack car with the 3.73's, but I was lucky enough to find one with Recaro's, factory nav, and a glass roof. I couldn't really pass it up, but I like a more aggressive exhaust sound than the factory setup without going too extreme, so I figured I'd ask everyone here.

I found a sterling grey, but I love the tinted red metallic color like yours the best.

Cool. The GT I found is also a track pack car with the 3.73's, but I was lucky enough to find one with Recaro's, factory nav, and a glass roof. I couldn't really pass it up, but I like a more aggressive exhaust sound than the factory setup without going too extreme, so I figured I'd ask everyone here.

I found a sterling grey, but I love the tinted red metallic color like yours the best.

Wow, nice find! Especially one with the glass roof! :drop:

Yes I agree with you about the red, I wasn't looking for red but the Ford Ruby Red is really nice!

• 3 weeks later...

I got the car and found out it already had the Roush mufflers on it. They sound good, but I'm not sure it's what I was looking for. I like the sound a little lower rumble so I'm going to keep looking around, but nice to know what they sound like without having to spend the extra to find out for sure. Any other suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

Cobra4me, the quad tip sport mufflers are already released for the GT500's, but the video I found was the dual tip GT's or '11-'12 GT500's. Here's the site address I found it on secondo, https://lmr.com/item/M5230MGTLA/2011-Mustang-Gt-50L-Ford-Racing-Sport-Axle-Back-Exhaust-Kit . Cobra4me, is this the same one you were mentioning? Video clips are always so hard to tell the differences, especially how the lower tones really sound. If anybody has some first hand experience driving or hearing these, I would definitely be interested.

Edited by bnoslo