TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby American Collection annual fundraising party 3-Sep-2016

twobjshelbys

I have confirmed with the principals that the CSX2000, Carroll's first and original Cobra, acquired yesterday by Greg Miller, will be at the Shelby American Collection annual fundraiser on 3-Sep.

Nice, my assumption based on the Miller family buying her is correct. She will not be lost and hidden away.

Bitter Sweet for SA. That said, looks like she's in great company! Hope the same holds true "if someone reupholsters the interior they will be looking for a new job the next day"

I think anyone who had access to the car to reupholster or repaint would more likely be subject to the broad side of a 2x4 up the side of the head (which is what adult children get instead of a spanking).

Edited by twobjshelbys

I've seen it every time I went to SAI 'Vegas over the years, now it is in a place I will probably never visit even though it is 250 miles closer. Not a big deal for me.

It's worth the trip. There is no larger collection of Shelby cars, mostly Cobras with a few GT350s, in one place any where on the planet. Now that this collection is the new home for the Miller collection it's unlikely that will be matched or exceeded. Most are historic race vehicles, but my favorite is the privately owned early original unrestored CSX2000 that is home there in the winter. It's not there in the summer because he takes it home and drives it!!! I've posted pictures of it before.

Great party and good to see some old friends. I did get about 10 minutes alone behind the ropes with CSX2000 both still and a some gopro videos of CSX2000 and others from the Miller collection. In addition to CSX2000 there are 6 original GT40's there. I didn't bring the card adapters so uploading photos will have to wait until I return to Vegas later in the week.