TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Woodward Dream Cruise

JMargraves

I'll be in town beginning 8/17 afternoon. Snake Pit on Saturday 8/20

Scott,

My wife and I are leaving for MI next Tuesday, however its to close out my dad's estate not to attended the Dream Cruise. I'm not even going to drive the Shelby up... (not sure if my back can take the 12 hour ride in that car) When we made our plans I didn't realized the DC was the same week until a couple of days ago. With that said, I'm going try to find an hour or so on Saturday to head out to Woodward (or maybe one evening), I'll give you a call and see if we can meet up once my plans firm up.

Carl

Cruise is a blast every day before and a big deal on Saturday or course. In Ferndale where the Mustang Alley is, that's a great place to visit and see what Ford is offering. Last couple of years you could see a Ford Mustang on its side. Lots of drawings and so much to see. Nice to see folks with the same interests and a real desire to share information. Watch the tv show on line at .WXYZ.com or look at pictures folks have posted on line on the same web site. The official Woodward site is :http://www.detroitnews.com/autos/woodward-dream-cruise/

I belong to a local Mustang club, "MOCSEM" and these are the hotels they recommended Best Western Greenfield Inn

3000 Enterprise Drive • Allen Park, MI 48101 (map)

• $95 per night double room.
  • Rate is available August 15th - August 22nd
  • Breakfast inlcuded.
  • Group name is MOCSEM.

DoubleTree by Hilton

5801 Southfield Expressway • Detroit, MI 48228 (map)

800.222.8733 or 313.336.3340

• $104 per night for King Bed or Two Double Beds.
  • Rate is available August 15th - August 22nd.
  • Group name is MGM.

Courtyard Dearborn

5200 Mercury Drive • Dearborn, MI 48126 (map)

800.321.2211 or 313.271.1400

• $109 per night for king or two queen size beds.
  • Rate is available August 15th - August 21st.
  • Please note that breakfast is not included in this room rate.
  • Reference the Mustang Owners of Southeast Michigan room block

The Woodward Dream Cruise was fantastic! Drove my GT350 out from NJ on its first road trip. We were there Saturday afternoon before the rain moved in. Other than the GT350s at the Ford exhibit I didn't see any others on the strip. I was really surprised at the attention we got when we cruised it! It was great opening it up under the overpass heading south! Now all I need to do is have my windshield replaced from a crack I got on the drive back on the PA Turnpike! :>(

Guest markham51

My son and I had a lot of fun....our first time. Met up with Paul (Kaylan from the homeland) and showed GT350 at Mustang Memories at Ford HQ on Sunday sponsored by MOCSEM. Spent time at Mustang Alley watching cars go by and eating junk food. Lots of fun things to see and nice people to meet.

Rattlesnake...were you in the RED vs Yellow battle on Sunday? Who won?

My son and I had a lot of fun....our first time. Met up with Paul (Kaylan from the homeland) and showed GT350 at Mustang Memories at Ford HQ on Sunday sponsored by MOCSEM. Spent time at Mustang Alley watching cars go by and eating junk food. Lots of fun things to see and nice people to meet.

Rattlesnake...were you in the RED vs Yellow battle on Sunday? Who won?

Glad you enjoyed it , wished I could have been there.