TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Where are the other 499 2016 owners?

I'm proud owner #214, having bought mine a day after it arrived on the lot at Koons Ford, Sterling, VA. I will NOT vacuum-seal it in the garage ... I will drive it to work daily, test'n'tune it...maybe race it at the dragstrip...and go muddin'.

Looking for where the other 499 owners are and what they're doing with theirs. I can't find a single Google hit or YouTube video of this truck living life outside of a scripted commercial. Also, no Facebook groups dedicated to it exist (until now... look up my "F-150 Shelby" group). Hope the other elite owners find this group.

I've not changed a thing on this truck and it has taken home something in 5 of 7 fashion shows. Lookin' forward to taking it to the racetrack this weekend to put "0 to 60 in 4.5" to the test in multiple configurations. Suggestions welcome.

--Rooster

True, and I have one foot out the door and the other on a banana peel with this club, and I own Shelby F-150 #216, which may soon be the only Shelby I own.

Oddly enough I may re-join the BMWCCA and (probably) be its only Shelby GT owner member. They do a lot of fun events which are more east coast oriented. I haven't actually been a TS member for quite some time. Tried SAAC but unless you own a classic Shelby there you are virtually ignored. MCA is pretty boring unfortunately, geared mainly towards car shows.

Oddly enough I may re-join the BMWCCA and (probably) be its only Shelby GT owner member. They do a lot of fun events which are more east coast oriented. I haven't actually been a TS member for quite some time. Tried SAAC but unless you own a classic Shelby there you are virtually ignored. MCA is pretty boring unfortunately, geared mainly towards car shows.

I can agree with your assessment on SAAC and MCA, add their biased, amateurish, and unintelligible judging systems, and therefore not satisfying clubs at all. And the Mountain Region TS is no better than your East Coast area for events and activities, and I have been a member since 2012. In contrast, NCRS and PCA are fantastic.

And BTW #214 I would be glad to join your Facebook group, let me know what it is called so I can search for it.

Edited by mikeljgt500kr

Thanks for offering to join. Simply go to Facebook and type in "F-150 Shelby" -- I'm the only group. It's "Closed" and I'll admit you in. Posting pics of your truck and exploits is the point of the group ... and that will help it gain momentum. Thanks!

-Rooster

Thanks for offering to join. Simply go to Facebook and type in "F-150 Shelby" -- I'm the only group. It's "Closed" and I'll admit you in. Posting pics of your truck and exploits is the point of the group ... and that will help it gain momentum. Thanks!

-Rooster

OK, done.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hate to tell you, but my son's new NA Mazda Miata 4 banger has about the same performance.

Nobody who is buying a Shelby Truck is going to even remotely care about how it may compare to a Miata.

Most people who unfairly compare two items are said to be comparing an apple to an orange, but you went straight to potato…….

Edited by mhr1961

If you were going to buy one of these what color makes this truck look the best?

I seen some of the 2017's in Lightning Blue and they look real good, however any year Mustang in White with Blue stripes always look great so does any Ford truck in same White/Blue.

Selling my Raptor for other reasons and when I finally get moved I can use a 4x4 more then say waiting for the 2018 Shelby Sport truck 2wd they announced is coming soon. The Shelby F150 is more of a 4x4 than the Raptor and having the lift suits my needs better. The Raptor is bad ass

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
15 hours ago, NWAShelby16 said:

I recently purchased one and still looking for information on it.  How exactly do you read the dash tag?

Feel free to post your CSM plaque number and we can decode it for you. Generally the first two digits are the model year, the next two to four digits are the model and the last four digits denote the mod shop and the trucks unique serial number.

For example CSM # 17ST0001 decodes as a 2017 Shelby F150, USA mod shop Truck #0001.

Another truck example would be 18SRX0001 decodes as a 2018 Shelby Raptor, USA mod shop truck #0001

Hope this helps.

Steven