TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Coolant Tank Reservoir

I've nobody to blame but myself. For some asinine reason, I bought this part for my car:

http://www.shelbystore.com/Shelby-High-Performance-Reservoir-Tank-p/z12-cr-uc-kpp001b.htm

For some reason, I thought it fit. I bought it based on a link from someone else with a GT350 who bought it for their car. AND I thought it fit because it says SHELBY on it. LOL Anyway, after great pains, I managed to install it but the hose to the back of the tank is NOT long enough. I had no idea GT's and 350's hoses were different lengths.

Anyway, live and learn. :( Can I use an extension hose or is that not recommended?

But what do you do with the fourth outlet from the cap??? There's no hose for that.

1) There is a new hose to add, below cap, thats the overflow, needs to just go down into belly pan.

2) The new hose (replacing the one to short) going to the engine.

3) The hose too long going along top of radiator.

4) The bottom hose going into the radiator.

Hope this helps, if not PM me and I will get you pictures.

Edited by 07gt500conv

• 2 months later...

Cynthia, I know it was said when you first came on board, but I love the color on your car! :thumbsup:

Gosh, I didn't see this until now. LOL Thank you! :)

Forgot to post pics of the tank installed. Sorry folks! Here it is!

gallery_46058_2409_99884.jpg

gallery_46058_2409_13181.jpg

It kind of stands out like a sore thumb. I'm getting used to it but it really needs some company under the hood. All that black... If I'd had it to do over again (And I may just do that) I'd go with a black one.

• 2 months later...

Gosh, I didn't see this until now. LOL Thank you! :)

Forgot to post pics of the tank installed. Sorry folks! Here it is!

gallery_46058_2409_99884.jpg

gallery_46058_2409_13181.jpg

It kind of stands out like a sore thumb. I'm getting used to it but it really needs some company under the hood. All that black... If I'd had it to do over again (And I may just do that) I'd go with a black one.

Cool!

As you mentioned tho....all that black. I just ordered the black cover from Modify My Mustang

Should be here tomar.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Thought I was going to tackle the install of the coolant tank on my GT350 this weekend, but realized that if you have the Ford Performance oil/air separator installed, it blocks the location of the overflow port that comes off the back of the tank just below the cap. Definitely not a direct replacement part!

After further research, looking at purchasing the Granatelli M/S tank. Looks like it will be a direct swap without interfering with the oil/air separator. May be looking for a buyer of the Shelby tank I bought.