TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2009 gt500 Shifter boot

Hello all.

So I've recently replaced the tranny in my 09 gt500. long story short I took it in due to some scratching noises when in 2nd gear turns out it had shavings in the fluid blah blah blah it was replaced under warranty. When I got it back it was still making a similar sound in 2nd and 6th gear! I took it back in to have the service dpt check it out, and they could not find any issues but noted they heard the scratching sound as well (thanks for nothing).

Come to find out it is caused by my leather shifter boot adding some additional forward pressure to my shifter when in 2nd and 6th gears. The shifter boot leather is too stiff and there is so much over hand and it is forcing the shifter to be pushed forward further than it should when in those two down gears. I figured this out the other day when I was driving and decided I would pull the boot assembly off of the console to see if it would help, sure enough it did.

So now I have decided to replace my shifter with a MGW short throw and I'd also like to replace the boot as well. I've found all sorts of cool suede boots for 2010+ but cant seem to find anything for the 2009.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Hello all.

So I've recently replaced the tranny in my 09 gt500. long story short I took it in due to some scratching noises when in 2nd gear turns out it had shavings in the fluid blah blah blah it was replaced under warranty. When I got it back it was still making a similar sound in 2nd and 6th gear! I took it back in to have the service dpt check it out, and they could not find any issues but noted they heard the scratching sound as well (thanks for nothing).

Come to find out it is caused by my leather shifter boot adding some additional forward pressure to my shifter when in 2nd and 6th gears. The shifter boot leather is too stiff and there is so much over hand and it is forcing the shifter to be pushed forward further than it should when in those two down gears. I figured this out the other day when I was driving and decided I would pull the boot assembly off of the console to see if it would help, sure enough it did.

So now I have decided to replace my shifter with a MGW short throw and I'd also like to replace the boot as well. I've found all sorts of cool suede boots for 2010+ but cant seem to find anything for the 2009.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I bought one like this for my 2008...........

http://www.shelbystore.com/Shelby-Shifter-Boot-p/z3-1.htm

Gary Disney is who makes these for Shelby and he will do any color combo you want for you car, if you don't like the options listed in the link, speak to him directly. The suede (Alcantara) boots are also listed in the link above. I chose regular leather. Mine looks exactly like the one in the link picture and matches a console lid I also bought through SPP. <<<<Very Happy with both pieces.

004_zpsetenjjle.jpg

R

Edited by Robert M