TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 GT/SC FOR SALE

Cobraj007

I'd leave it to Steve to say if it is real GT/SC. But the early cars didn't get the "shelby supercharged" tag in the engine compartment. Mine was one of the very early ones and I had Bud add it when I was visiting Vegas.

I'd have to ditch that blueish "GT" emblem on the steering wheel.

It has the Shelby GT plate on the radiator support, correct door panel plates and other Shelby items except for the hood scoop which was obviously removed. As far as being a Shelby authorized GT/SC, SAI would need to verify that as mentioned in another post here.

I'm not finding any factory records showing that its an official GT/SC car. Judging by the engine photos and description text, I would say no. Now if the seller can produce paperwork that can be verified..........................

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

The first S/C available for the SGT was the Kenne Bell. The Ford Racing unit came a little later. Both of mine got KBs.

The first SC available was the Paxton in 2007 this is a 2008 which I know you know but am I not correct? Steve tell us what the first authorized SC was starting in 2007 Shelby GT.

Thank you Steve.

The first SC available was the Paxton in 2007 this is a 2008 which I know you know but am I not correct? Steve tell us what the first authorized SC was starting in 2007 Shelby GT.

Thank you Steve.

OK, I'll give you that, and I wanted one, but they couldn't get 50 state (meaning they failed California CARB). I think a few maybe less than an a handful of 08's slipped through with Paxtons. Maybe Steve can say about that. For 08 the Kenne Bell was the first offering then Ford got their certification.

The interesting thing was that the KB took the original air box from the car and moved it down lower close to the bumper. There was something magical to the feds about that air box and its carbon filter.

Edited by twobjshelbys