TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Will they hold value?

Hello all, brand new to the forum. Had a speculation questions so the sky's the limit on answers. I've owned two Raptors and loved them both (not sc) I'm currently without and was waiting on the 17's when my dealer informed me about the red 700+hp Shelby he had on the lot. I've finally got him to come off the 20K markup and things are looking good. But after a little research and sorting thru the haters I've come across this forum, a welcome sight.

What I'm seeing is the Tuscany name has a negative stigma attached to it, and the consensus is that Shelby really did nothing but add licensing. After reading a bit in the site it seems as though they had a lot to do if not all and just use Tuscany as a build shop. With that said do you think this will be viewed as a "real" Shelby and hold its value? I loved the fact both my 13 and 14 raptors held value nicely. Will these 500 units stand the test of time?

Waiting on dealers final offer but I'm 99.9% convinced I'm driving home in one next week when I get home from work just wanted to see what the experts think.

I have three SAI vehicles, and the F150 is a pre-title Shelby, not a post title conversion like my '13 GT350. It is not done in 'Vegas, at least most of it, I am still trying to figure out what is done in 'Vegas, but SAI is/was heavily involved in it. IMO, pre-title Shelbys will hold value well, probably just as well or better than a Raptor (I traded a '13 SC Raptor in on my F150). I think the truck is very unique, and looked long and hard for a Raptor replacement, but this fits my needs well ( as soon as I get the trailer brake controller installed), and I really did not want a V6 truck to tow with. I know, many here love the Eco-Fart engines, but they are not for me, just personal preference.

I think if you're hoping for Raptor resale you're going be dissapointed greatly. I don't buy cars for resale, I buy them because it's what I want to drive.

That said its a nice truck, buy it and enjoy it, if resale is needed I would move on.

Edited by carnut12

Buy what you want to drive. Invest in stocks or real estate. But then those have gambling odds at to future value as well. The current Shelby 150 may have the Shelby name but no direct factory build SA involvement, but neither did the Ford Shelby (licensed) GT500 series or thenew Ford Shelby (licensed) GT350. That does make either less of a car in terms of fun to drive.

I may have only bought rides that came out of the SA factory as a personal choice, but I acknowledge all the other licensed rides out there.I am not clairvoyant, so the future value is a guess by anyone, including me. I would recommend a good test drive in the Shelby 150 (more than five minutes around the block) and negotiate a purchase if you enjoy it. It will certainly stand out from the crowd of F-150 on the road!

Thanks for all the input. I'm not looking for investment, I never do, but with that said the idea of paying 100k for a truck and then to have it valued at a Lariat price after I drive off the lot is dishearting if I wanted to trade it in a few years down the road. From the input here I don't think that will be the case. I think there are enough people out there that understand the value of having a "factory" built 700hp Shelby (built in house or subbed out) that it should maintain a decent resale if I ever decide to "upgrade" down the road. How do you go up from a Shelby 150 I have no idea but I love options.

If you plan on using it as a daily driver in city traffic, make sure you are comfortable with it's size and bulk. It is no bigger than my Raptor, but it seems so, due to the tall hood. The backing cameras (360 view and rear) are excellent to get you oriented as to where you are however.

Thanks for all the input. I'm not looking for investment, I never do, but with that said the idea of paying 100k for a truck and then to have it valued at a Lariat price after I drive off the lot is dishearting if I wanted to trade it in a few years down the road. From the input here I don't think that will be the case. I think there are enough people out there that understand the value of having a "factory" built 700hp Shelby (built in house or subbed out) that it should maintain a decent resale if I ever decide to "upgrade" down the road. How do you go up from a Shelby 150 I have no idea but I love options.

I personally wouldn't buy this Shelby F150 because its $100k for a Tuscany truck with Shelby badges! And one fact I do know is down the road Tuscany had issues with their Van Conversions and Sport Trucks and the Shelby F150 is too new to have feedback good or bad

Don't buy anything because of what anyone on here said, go and drive these things before spending the big bucks and now you answered your own questions.

I am not thrilled with that Eco-boost in the next Raptor but that truck is going to have some great new features

I have three SAI vehicles, and the F150 is a pre-title Shelby, not a post title conversion like my '13 GT350. It is not done in 'Vegas, at least most of it, I am still trying to figure out what is done in 'Vegas, but SAI is/was heavily involved in it. IMO, pre-title Shelbys will hold value well, probably just as well or better than a Raptor (I traded a '13 SC Raptor in on my F150). I think the truck is very unique, and looked long and hard for a Raptor replacement, but this fits my needs well ( as soon as I get the trailer brake controller installed), and I really did not want a V6 truck to tow with. I know, many here love the Eco-Fart engines, but they are not for me, just personal preference.

It's my understanding from Shelby and Tuscany that Shelby has nothing to do with building of the 2016 Shelby F-150. The project is licensed to Tuscany by Shelby. The truck never goes to SAI in Vegas, but directly to the Ford dealer that ordered the truck.

So many conflicting stories. I know it never sets foot in Vegas unless that's where it's new home is going to be. But I've heard that Shelby did help with the design and Tuscany is build facility with body parts. Yes forums are good to try and get as much input and "facts" I use that loosely. But bottom line I'm no stranger to trucks I've had one good raptor and my 13 had issues. So I will be making up my own mind.

39Mustang what are these great new features you speak of? Don't get me wrong I love Raptors and one will be ordered the day the banks open up( if Shelby doesn't work out) but nothing looks too ground breaking other than the untested 10speed

Edited by Matt02

Matt, i am also new to this form. I feel it should never really be a question if they will hold their value, but weather you want a truck that will rock your off road experiences. I'm one of the luck few who own one of the Baja 700. I would never think of trading it in and if your lucky enough to be the owner of a 2017 Shelby 150, i bet you would never think of trading it in also. Best of luck to on landing that truck. DC

Edited by DipChit

• 1 year later...

I have seen dozens of the F150s in the SAI 'Vegas facility when I visited last. Not sure what they were doing there, but many were there.

It is my understanding that the F150 SuperSnake is built in Vegas.

Lowered performance street tires.

The F150 Shelby is built elsewhere.

Lifted off-road wheels and tires.

Edited by sheppd01