TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How Many Shelby Gt500 will they Build in a Day ?

scs1

You are 100 percent correct Iam only going from the numbers I seen posted here cars built per day.

I don't know what the actual cars per day are. If we did no for sure we could figure it out.

All Iam saying is.

What ever the number per day is (Shelby's built per day) max numbers of units if 5 day work week would be 52weeks X 5work days per week,(forget about figuring it out per month)

then the days closed for holiday and plant shutdowns would have to be subtracted.

If you just use 52 weeks your numbers would be far from accurate.

Production started on June 5th 2006 and ran until June 25th of 2007.

From that time period during production there were 320 actual working days after subtracting holidays.

There was a two week shut down which would have left 310 production days.

Take into account what Coldy just said about X-Mas and Thanksgiving. That would subtract another 5 days leaving 305 production days. (4 days from X-mas to Jan 2, 2007 and 1 day for Friday after thanksgiving. I accounted for New Years Day and X-mas eve and X-mas day already).

Lets add another week to be safe.

That leaves 305 actual production days.

305 X 40 = 12,200

That is ASSUMING only a max. of 40 units per day built. So they could have easily built up to 13K units during the 2007 production run.

If you just use 52 weeks your numbers would be far from accurate.

Production started on June 5th 2006 and ran until June 25th of 2007.

From that time period during production there were 320 actual working days after subtracting holidays.

There was a two week shut down which would have left 310 production days.

Take into account what Coldy just said about X-Mas and Thanksgiving. That would subtract another 5 days leaving 305 production days. (4 days from X-mas to Jan 2, 2007 and 1 day for Friday after thanksgiving. I accounted for New Years Day and X-mas eve and X-mas day already).

Lets add another week to be safe.

That leaves 305 actual production days.

305 X 40 = 12,200

That is ASSUMING only a max. of 40 units per day built. So they could have easily built up to 13K units during the 2007 production run.

Where did you get 310 days unless Iam missing something here

even if thats true 5 work days per week =260

52 X 5 =260 even with the extra 20 days with no weekends would only come to 280 Unless there is 6 days per work week.

Is it 5 or 6 ? If 5 your numbers just cant add up (if 6 then your numbers would be correct) I am going by a 5 day work week

the max number would be the 260 plus the extra 20 days=280

52 weeks with 2 days off a week =104 days off , there is only 365 days in a year

Where did you get 310 days unless Iam missing something here

even if thats true 5 work days per week =260

52 X 5 =260 even with the extra 20 days with no weekends would only come to 280 Unless there is 6 days per work week.

Is it 5 or 6 ? If 5 your numbers just cant add up (if 6 then your numbers would be correct) I am going by a 5 day work week

the max number would be the 260 plus the extra 20 days=280

52 weeks with 2 days off a week =104 days off , there is only 365 days in a year

Here is the corrected numbers. I did end up using 6 days instead of 5.

Bad habit from using 6 days that we are open.

It is based on 5 work days per week minus holidays.

June 5th 2006 through June 25th 2007. That is the production time line for the 07 mustang.

June 5th - June 30th 2006 = 19 work days

July 1st - July 31st 2006 = 20 work days

August 1st - Aug. 31st 2006 = 23 work days

September 1st - Sept 30th 2006 = 20 work days

October 1st - Oct 31st 2006 = 22 work days

November 1st - Nov 30th = 21 work days

December 1st - Dec 31st = 19 work days

January 1st - Jan 31st 2007 = 22 work days

Febuary 1st - Feb 28th 2007 = 20 work days

March 1st - March 31st 2007 = 22 work days

April 1st - April 30th 2007 = 21 work days

May 1st - May 31st 2007 = 22 work days

June 1st - June 25th 2007 = 16 work days.

That is 267 work days minus holidays. Subtract any days for shut down.

That is based on Mon - Fri minus holidays.

There was a two week shut down in May so that would eliminate 10 days leaving 257 days.

From X-mas to Jan 2nd would deduct another 4 days. (I deducted for x-mas eve, x-mas day and new years day already)

So that would leave approx 253 days of total production

253 X 40 = 10,120

This is assuming only 40 per day average. I think the number will be higher than this because I think they ioncreased production over the last 3 months.

So who said 40 was the max per day? If Ford chooses why couldn't they build a 1,000 in a day? I think everyone has been relying to much on 40 per day being the maximum limit they "could" build.

So "IF" they only built 40 max in a day then this would be close. I will bet they built a lot more in a day than just 40. These cars come right down the same line along with all the V6 and GT Mustangs. I think the 40 limit was based on 40 being the limit that they could stripe in a day. But the striping plant has been backed up since day one. Could they add more help if needed to get more cars striped if they wanted to?

1,000 a day :hysterical: your funny! You must think this is a Corvette plant & that's all they produce, one model all day long :hysterical2:

Your forgetting that the AAI plant also produces several different Mazda6's on the same line & there sales are going up each month because of fuel prices & since they own the plant & not ford, they have to plan ahead & forcasted annual sales volumes for each model, then balance that out on the line so all are happy. 40 per day comes from directly inside the plant from a man that runs the line. the max they ever had was 50 & then they lowered it.

Like I said, you can't just go by using 52 weeks.

Get out a calendar and count the work days.

June 5th 2006 through June 25th 2007. That is the production time line for the 07 mustang.

My numbers is not based on using any formula. Those are ACTUAL work days based on 5 days per week, minus holidays. The CALENDAR does not lie or deviate from using formulas.

June 5th - June 30th 2006 = 24 work days

July 1st - July 31st 2006 = 24 work days

August 1st - Aug. 31st 2006 = 27 work days

September 1st - Sept 30th 2006 = 25 work days

October 1st - Oct 31st 2006 = 26 work days

November 1st - Nov 30th = 25 work days

December 1st - Dec 31st = 23 work days

January 1st - Jan 31st 2007 = 26 work days

Febuary 1st - Feb 28th 2007 = 24 work days

March 1st - March 31st 2007 = 26 work days

April 1st - April 30th 2007 = 25 work days

May 1st - May 31st 2007 = 26 work days

June 1st - June 25th 2007 = 19 work days.

That is 320 work days minus holidays. Subtract any days for shut down.

Check your calendar and count them!

Wait a sec. I did end up counting 6 days. So 55 days need to be deducted.

So it would be 265 days minus shut down time.

1,000 a day :hysterical: your funny! You must think this is a Corvette plant & that's all they produce, one model all day long :hysterical2:

Your forgetting that the AAI plant also produces several different Mazda6's on the same line & there sales are going up each month because of fuel prices & since they own the plant & not ford, they have to plan ahead & forcasted annual sales volumes for each model, then balance that out on the line so all are happy. 40 per day comes from directly inside the plant from a man that runs the line. the max they ever had was 50 & then they lowered it.

It was a figure of speech. They build hundreds to thousands per day in total vehicles. 40 - 50 is just a small fraction of the total units built in a day. They build hundreds of mustangs per day.

Just based on the cuurent inventory of total remaining mustangs alone equate to approx 150 mustangs built per day. That is just on what is left out there.

What I was saying is they "could" increase the 40 number to what ever they want by replacing GT500's with regular mustangs. Based on the numbers they have been pumping out over the past few months it would appear they increased the production over the past 3 months or so. That is based on the mass number of new GT500's that have been getting added to the locator system I have seen over the past 3 months.

Like I said, you can't just go by using 52 weeks.

Get out a calendar and count the work days.

My numbers is not based on using any formula. Those are ACTUAL work days based on 5 days per week, minus holidays. The CALENDAR does not lie or deviate from using formulas.

June 5th - June 30th 2006 = 24 work days

July 1st - July 31st 2006 = 24 work days

August 1st - Aug. 31st 2006 = 27 work days

September 1st - Sept 30th 2006 = 25 work days

October 1st - Oct 31st 2006 = 26 work days

November 1st - Nov 30th = 25 work days

December 1st - Dec 31st = 23 work days

January 1st - Jan 31st 2007 = 26 work days

Febuary 1st - Feb 28th 2007 = 24 work days

March 1st - March 31st 2007 = 26 work days

April 1st - April 30th 2007 = 25 work days

May 1st - May 31st 2007 = 26 work days

June 1st - June 25th 2007 = 19 work days.

That is 320 work days minus holidays. Subtract any days for shut down.

Check your calendar and count them!

Sorry 365 days in a year

52 weeks year thats never going to change

52weeks a year 7 days a week (never going to change)with 2 days weekend days every week.(thats never going to change)

you can start from where every you want

5 days work week Monday -Friday x 52 weeks

I guess you only have 50 days off a year for weekends?

It just don't add up what you are saying

take this July as a example 31 days total which is the highest possible days of any month (9 days are weekend days this month ,that leaves 21 days max for work days for July .(with only having the 4th off) leave the 4th off 22 days max.

Look at July 2006 you say 24 days it was only 20 days July has 31 days 2006 had 10 weekend days and one holiday the 4th which fell on a Friday = 20 work days that month

If you took 22 days max x it by 40 units per day=880 x the 880 by 12 months that would =10,560 with 40 every day ( the big question here is how many in one day is the real number)

I am hoping the numbers are low but whatever they are they are.

But we cant change the facts when going with the numbers( 5 days of week Monday-Friday X 52 weeks in a year)

The only number we don't know here is how many was the max they can produce in a day

Thats the only number that will change the total production number built.

ShelbyDude, I like you to much to correct you a third or fourth time so I am glad you learned to count... I was going to ask what calender you were using in your neck of the woods. Long story short, either the number of builds per day has to be wrong or the number of units built has to be wrong. We can all agree to that. But that still does not answer the original question.... why so few in 2008. And if that is the reduction, then it is almost certain for no 2009.

Sorry 365 days in a year

52 weeks year thats never going to change

52weeks a year 7 days a week (never going to change)with 2 days weekend days every week.(thats never going to change)

you can start from where every you want

5 days work week Monday -Friday x 52 weeks

I guess you only have 50 days off a year for weekends?

It just don't add up what you are saying

take this July as a example 31 days total which is the highest possible days of any month (9 days are weekend days this month ,that leaves 21 days max for work days for July .(with only having the 4th off) leave the 4th off 22 days max.

Look at July 2006 you say 24 days it was only 20 days July has 31 days 2006 had 10 weekend days and one holiday the 4th which fell on a Friday = 20 work days that month

If you took 22 days max x it by 40 units per day=880 x the 880 by 12 months that would =10,560 with 40 every day ( the big question here is how many in one day is the real number)

I am hoping the numbers are low but whatever they are they are.

But we cant change the facts when going with the numbers( 5 days of week Monday-Friday X 52 weeks in a year)

The only number we don't know here is how many was the max they can produce in a day

Thats the only number that will change the total production number built.

I corrected the numbers. I did count 6 days instead of 5 per week.

I am so use to counting 6 days because we are open 6 days.

ShelbyDude, I like you to much to correct you a third or fourth time so I am glad you learned to count... I was going to ask what calender you were using in your neck of the woods. Long story short, either the number of builds per day has to be wrong or the number of units built has to be wrong. We can all agree to that. But that still does not answer the original question.... why so few in 2008. And if that is the reduction, then it is almost certain for no 2009.

I was using my 6 day week calendar instead of Ford's 5 day week calendar! LOL

The reason so few for 08 is because they built more in 07 than expected. That is the reason Ford gave us.

Why would 09 be certain if they are reducing to 8K for 08? I would think the opposite! If 09 was certain they WHY reduce 08 production??? Why not increase it instead?

If sales are that good and they think they can mass produce more because of that, then WHY reduce at all?

They told the public between 8K - 10K per year over a two year run ONLY! Since they went over 10K for 07 then would need to cut back for 08 to keep it to the 20K max they told the public they would only build.

So they must have built close to 12K in 07 and by building only 8K in 08 that would keep total production at 20K over two years.

All I know is IF they build a lot more in 08 than the 8K they said then I WANT MY 08 ALLOCATION BACK! They took one away from us because of all this BS!

I was using my 6 day week calendar instead of Ford's 5 day week calendar! LOL

The reason so few for 08 is because they built more in 07 than expected. That is the reason Ford gave us.

Why would 09 be certain if they are reducing to 8K for 08? I would think the opposite! If 09 was certain they WHY reduce 08 production??? Why not increase it instead?

If sales are that good and they think they can mass produce more because of that, then WHY reduce at all?

They told the public between 8K - 10K per year over a two year run ONLY! Since they went over 10K for 07 then would need to cut back for 08 to keep it to the 20K max they told the public they would only build.

So they must have built close to 12K in 07 and by building only 8K in 08 that would keep total production at 20K over two years.

All I know is IF they build a lot more in 08 than the 8K they said then I WANT MY 08 ALLOCATION BACK! They took one away from us because of all this BS!

Why do you think Ford won't change their minds two or three times?

This is my opinion and only a guess but if 07 production was increased(a thousand or two) and 08 was decreased (a thousand or two but the two run total still equals what ford said)and the following years are up in the air. I believe its all about cafe law and/gas mileage and how many of these cars are factored in before it effects the complete line of cars.(maybe this was fords way to still build the 18.000 total they said)

They(ford) don't want to run into problems and pay penalties for not meeting the regulations.(or possibility of not being allowed to build them at all)

I think its just a matter of time before these high hp cars are a thing of the past and will repeat history unless technology changes.(again only guessing)

Again just my opinion.(look at gm they canned all their rear wheel drive cars already Just about their complete line up was going that way until the new laws for 08))

When it comes to Ford I gave up on thinking what they may do. Now you know why they are in the financial problem they are and lost so much market share!

I think they have to many Chiefs and no one can ever make a decision. By the time they do they are years behind the competition and most decisions have been the wrong ones.

They are working on that so hopefully they get it right and get up to speed and learn to start LEADING instead of following!

Only time will tell!

I found this in the ford media UAW negotiations book showing how many days off the worker gets w/o shut downs

Paid Time Off

In 2006, both of the above "typical" employees were entitled to the following paid time off:

Vacation 20 days

Holidays 16 days

Total Paid Time Off 36 days per year

07_UAW_Negotiations_Media_Book.pdf

07_UAW_Negotiations_Media_Book.pdf

O well it July 2 and still no luck on Vin# or Build date but got More info on the dealer he said he may only get 2 car's and he as got 2 sold on order and my car is #1 that Good anyway so i ask him when did you get your First 2007 Shelby Gt500 he said in March of this year that don't sound to good to me it looks like i will be waiteing a long time for this car at this dealer O well i paid Msrp that why My Luck

Saw this over at ShelbyForums - I can not vouch for its validity, but though it was pertinent to this thread.

<From a friend of mine with FoMoCo.....

"Looks like we built 10,124 GT 500's.

2007 Shelby GT500 owners will be able to get their build information from the Ford Performance Group. I'd estimate they will have that data in August. Owners can call the hotline at 1-800-367-3788.

There will be a charge for the service which has not yet been determined."

He said the details had not been worked out but that a third party company was hired to unscramble which GT500 VIN was the 10th, 100th, 1000th, etc., to be produced. This is because the VIN's for the GT500's were intermingled with the regular production line and not set aside as a distinct group.>

This number is in line with some of the estimates, but lower than the 12775 number posted here. I personally like the 10,124 number better!

Saw this over at ShelbyForums - I can not vouch for its validity, but though it was pertinent to this thread.

2007 Shelby GT500 owners will be able to get their build information from the Ford Performance Group. I'd estimate they will have that data in August. Owners can call the hotline at 1-800-367-3788.

He said the details had not been worked out but that a third party company was hired to unscramble which GT500 VIN was the 10th, 100th, 1000th, etc., to be produced. This is because the VIN's for the GT500's were intermingled with the regular production line and not set aside as a distinct group.>

This number is in line with some of the estimates, but lower than the 12775 number posted here. I personally like the 10,124 number better!

Doug,

Thanks for the info. That's 400 less than what I was being told. All in all good news, not the 12,775 that someone was passing out earlier... I hope this is close. Regards.

Stuart

I talked to SVT today. I was mainly trying to find out my build number. He said it will be availble in August sometime. I asked if they at least knew what the total number built was. He said they are proccessing all that now and did not have a total yet.

He said when they are done with everything they will have a matrix sheet that would have all the breakdowns on everything. How many of what color with what color stripes, no stripes, options, etc. He said they have all that on the older cobras. But as of right now they have no total number on anything.

As for getting a certificate with your build number they will have them but you will have to call and request one to get it. He didn't say if there would be a charge or not and never asked.

Archived