TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Team Shelby South Atantic Party Mid July

rksiewert

Came across this on the interweb today. First I heard of it. Too late for me to enter, but maybe some of you can!

Wish I could learn about these through the Team Shelby website instead of second. Anyone know why there is a communications breakdown?

https://thehpde.com/SpecialEvents/ShelbySummer

https://www.facebook.com/events/161578774243679/

Why too late, its in two weeks.

Most of the membership does not look at TS forum anymore, most use Facebook.

For Central Fl events, I try to post here on TS but dont always get to it

• Why, Because it takes me more than 2 weeks to get $2-$3K together for a "fun" weekend.
  • My calendar is planned months ahead, not days or weeks.
  • Hotel reservations are full 2 weeks out at the host hotels and the rates have gone up.
  • Registration for the events with limited numbers has already been maxed out.

Even on the facebook page, the notices on these events is always right before, or after the events happen.

• Why, Because it takes me more than 2 weeks to get $2-$3K together for a "fun" weekend.

Your correct, normally it is that expensive, but this event is not "as bad".

• My calendar is planned months ahead, not days or weeks.

Mine is planned that way also, but it has been posted approx 6-8 weeks ago.

• Hotel reservations are full 2 weeks out at the host hotels and the rates have gone up.

I doubt the hotel reservations are full, a host hotel has not been posted that I am aware of. This is the first time for this event, dont think it would be hard to get a reservation.

• Registration for the events with limited numbers has already been maxed out.

This event has not maxed out as far as I know, they are still posting openings on Facebook.

Even on the facebook page, the notices on these events is always right before, or after the events happen.

It has been posted for approx 2 months.

I agree that the notice is short but Bob is helping to plan. When does he give anyone notice of what is going on.

I am in the same boat as you and can not make the event either, I have to be out of town for a retirement party planned MONTHS prior to the announcement of the event.

• 3 weeks later...