TEAM SHELBY FORUM

About to pull the trigger on one......

Yea me... lol

I have seen Tuscany's conversions up close so before you spend up to $100k for a Tuscany Truck with the Shelby name on it I suggest you look at one in person as that is a lot of cash for a truck. Tuscany's prior gimmick or Truck was the Black Ops which they may still offer but at the price they were charging the parts used were not up to par.

Personally, I would do a Shelby Raptor instead

Yea me... lol

I have seen Tuscany's conversions up close so before you spend up to $100k for a Tuscany Truck with the Shelby name on it I suggest you look at one in person as that is a lot of cash for a truck. Tuscany's prior gimmick or Truck was the Black Ops which they may still offer but at the price they were charging the parts used were not up to par.

Personally, I would do a Shelby Raptor instead

I have seen it up close and have driven it, I like it. I am trading in my '13 Whipple SC Raptor on it, the Shelby F-150 has more HP and torque than my Raptor, and the new Raptor is not to my liking with the V6, so for my towing and sport truck needs, this is about the only choice.

I am assuming you want the speed with the pulling power as well, I would look at an AEV Ram with the Cummins, total beasts and IMO a better package then the Shelby. BUT you give up speed for significantly better towing.

Just my 2 cents

That said both are beasts, one leans more towards road performance, the other towards off road and towing. You can not go wrong either way.

Edited by carnut12

Had a Ford mechanic tell me he already had to replace a tranny in one. Mentioned he didn't think the tranny was up to the truck. No details so take it for what it's worth. Saw one at a show last weekend and it's an awesome truck!

Have you looked into the new aluminum F250? Big time tow rating, gorgeous interiors and option list.

Thanks yes, too big, ride is very harsh compared to Raptor/Shelby with the soft springs, and I don't want a diesel to get my HP and torque with.

Edited by mikeljgt500kr

I am assuming you want the speed with the pulling power as well, I would look at an AEV Ram with the Cummins, total beasts and IMO a better package then the Shelby. BUT you give up speed for significantly better towing.

Just my 2 cents

That said both are beasts, one leans more towards road performance, the other towards off road and towing. You can not go wrong either way.

Dude, don't suggest to buy a Dodge on a Mustang page c'mon man

OK, done deal, I'll post pictures when I get it. Really, really hate to say goodbye to Ralph Raptor, but........

If you traded the Raptor what did the dealer give you for it?

Considering selling my extreme low mileage Raptor and buying an F350 Super Duty DRW Diesel

Thanks all, here she is:

I am a bit amazed at the tech advances on this F150 vs. the Raptor of just 3 years ago. It's like night and day, so many new, very useful features and improvements. It runs just as fast as my Whipple SC Raptor and the engine is much smoother and the cabin much quieter, ride is about the same, excellent for a truck.

But one odd thing, they do not equip it to tow, no trailer brake controller for instance, guess I will have to go to U-Haul and have one installed to tow my car trailer. I guess you are not supposed to want to use this to tow, but they should at least put that on, not much expense there, oh well......

post-39072-0-45696900-1467386074_thumb.jpg

Looks nice. Is it at least pre-wired for a brake controller? I hope there's not something about the setup that makes it unsuitable for towing.

Me too, the dealer is looking into it, I assumed all F150s were set up to tow, but I guess the trailer brake controller is an odd, dealer added option?

These just look so big in the front looks more like a Super Duty than F150. It may have the same power but no way it handles as good.

When does Ford start with the 10spd Automatic 2017?

Where is that pic at you live up with the rattle snakes?

Hey Mike, nice truck. I looked at a red Shelby f150 online and that unit had the new trailer assist option. I am sure you can get a brake controller. I just got one for my Expedition at Advance. $75. Enjoy your ride !

Thanks guys, it is really not much different than my Raptor on handling, shocks look the same, and I do live in the high desert below the high mountains, very picturesque. The trailer brake controller they show in the new F150 manual doesn't look like the unit the dealer wants to install, that one looks like my old Raptor controller, I told him to check with the factory about why the controller was not in the truck (at $98K you would think they would do that) and if they really have the correct part or need a newer one to fit the 2016 as the manual shows. This is frustrating.

The brake controller and the upfitter switches has to be ordered with the truck. Installing after the fact will be different than factory and one reason why I order every single vehicle I buy

These just look so big in the front looks more like a Super Duty than F150. It may have the same power but no way it handles as good.

When does Ford start with the 10spd Automatic 2017?

Where is that pic at you live up with the rattle snakes?

Order Banks for 2017 F-150 open July 18, 2016. This includes the 2017 Raptor

Local dealer has a Shelby F-150 on the show room floor. Wife wanted to look at it yesterday with the intensions of buying. She really liked the truck but the lift and high hood was too much for her comfort level as a daily driver, So we came home with a new King Ranch and she loves it. Happy Wife.......Happy me!!!! :clapping:

IMG_20160701_171156960_zps67ixog4x.jpg

Local dealer has a Shelby F-150 on the show room floor. Wife wanted to look at it yesterday with the intensions of buying. She really liked the truck but the lift and high hood was too much for her comfort level as a daily driver, So we came home with a new King Ranch and she loves it. Happy Wife.......Happy me!!!! :clapping:

IMG_20160701_171156960_zps67ixog4x.jpg

Whats behind garage door 1? lol

The brake controller and the upfitter switches has to be ordered with the truck. Installing after the fact will be different than factory and one reason why I order every single vehicle I buy

The dealer claims the controller they can put on is a Ford factory item (comes from Ford in Detroit) that is the same as the factory item and integrates with the Smart-Trailer-Tow system on the dash board for calibration/adjustment. But I still cannot understand why anyone would order a truck like this with a Class IV hitch and NOT include a trailer brake controller. It defies rational logic.