TEAM SHELBY FORUM

67 GT500 engine value

After much thought i will most likly sell my 428 out of a 67 GT500. My question is what would the value of this piece be? It is complete from oil pan to air cleaner cover, together and has not been rebuilt. Any info, casting numbers, date code, pictures i will be happy to provide to get a general idea of it's value. Thanks everyone!

Unless there is a large hole in the side of the block, there is simply no way I would separate the engine from the car if it is original to it. You'll diminish the overall value of the car drastically. This is not an opinion but is a proven fact.

Unless there is a large hole in the side of the block, there is simply no way I would separate the engine from the car if it is original to it. You'll diminish the overall value of the car drastically. This is not an opinion but is a proven fact.

I agree don't do it!!! I also suggest visiting http://saac.com/index.php because there are more guys over there who have great knowledge regarding vintage Shelby Mustangs.

+1 on previous two responses.

If you want to change the engine on an original GT500, there are two options: mothball the original engine and keep it so it can be included when the GT500 is sold. Or modify a 67 Mustang into a look alike 67 GT500 and put in the engine of your choice. :cool:

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I've got a far better idea. Sell all that old crap, car, motor, etc. to someone who will allow you to unload his wallet for him. Then buy a profoundly faster, better handling, late model performance car that you won't spend half your life working on.