TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2016 Terlingua update

39Mustang

I tell you what this will be my LAST Shelby ever I buy from Shelby American!!!

I am not bred like some of you I cannot sit back and shut up when I know something isn't right

I said the other day I noticed on the picture of the wheel/tire it wasn't a Michelin which was suppose to be coming on these cars or why keep the Michelin decals so I inquired and the reply I got was very sarcastic which when I am spending $100k for a car I expect a little respect and not a comment like I got. I was sent a quote that reads 'in our literature it says we will make changes when needed' and again if I already paid money and ordered the car I expect a legit answer and not that phrase which I took as a smartass comment. I am not trying to start any arguments or any issues but when i ordered my 2013 GT350 emblems were changed which I wasn't informed about and I didn't like so when I discovered this I wanted an answer and what I got was 'the Michelin's are out of stock and we tested the tires and the Bridgestone Potenza's are better', however I still didn't get an answer as to why I the customer wasn't informed about it and now I am told why am I creating an issue. I have used about 12 different Tire manufacturers over the last 25 years and nothing is as good as the Michelin Pilot Super Sport and is why they're rated #1 out of 36 other similar tires.

If I am paying for something I already ordered and changes are made don't you think the customer should have been informed? That's all I was trying to get an answer to and instead I got the other comment.

This is actually my 5th Shelby from Shelby American so when you have spent that amount of money I think I deserved a respectful reply instead of what I got. I don't know about the rest of you but if the car is being changed in any way after WE already ordered it with money down WE should have been informed about it!

As I said I am not built to just shut up

I tell you what this will be my LAST Shelby ever I buy from Shelby American!!!

I am not bred like some of you I cannot sit back and shut up when I know something isn't right

I said the other day I noticed on the picture of the wheel/tire it wasn't a Michelin which was suppose to be coming on these cars or why keep the Michelin decals so I inquired and the reply I got was very sarcastic which when I am spending $100k for a car I expect a little respect and not a comment like I got. I was sent a quote that reads 'in our literature it says we will make changes when needed' and again if I already paid money and ordered the car I expect a legit answer and not that phrase which I took as a smartass comment. I am not trying to start any arguments or any issues but when i ordered my 2013 GT350 emblems were changed which I wasn't informed about and I didn't like so when I discovered this I wanted an answer and what I got was 'the Michelin's are out of stock and we tested the tires and the Bridgestone Potenza's are better', however I still didn't get an answer as to why I the customer wasn't informed about it and now I am told why am I creating an issue. I have used about 12 different Tire manufacturers over the last 25 years and nothing is as good as the Michelin Pilot Super Sport and is why they're rated #1 out of 36 other similar tires.

If I am paying for something I already ordered and changes are made don't you think the customer should have been informed? That's all I was trying to get an answer to and instead I got the other comment.

This is actually my 5th Shelby from Shelby American so when you have spent that amount of money I think I deserved a respectful reply instead of what I got. I don't know about the rest of you but if the car is being changed in any way after WE already ordered it with money down WE should have been informed about it!

As I said I am not built to just shut up

I think you have a legit complaint about all this. Those tires are cheap and not at all as good as the Michelins. The least they could do is give you money back so you can buy decent tires.

Edited by mikeljgt500kr

I think you have a legit complaint about all this. Those tires are cheap and not at all as good as the Michelins. The least they could do is give you money back so you can buy decent tires.

I couldn't agree more, for the $100K you are paying that is total BS. Whats worse to me is the reaction, there is a SIGNIFICANT markup on that car, you should be able to get what ever tires you want.

So sorry to hear this, good luck and for what it is worth it is a bad ass looking car regardless of the tires.

I love my Shelby GT/SC and have had one made by Las Vegas SA. The product was awesome. However I agree with you, if you want Michelin Pilots by God they should switch you out, bottom line. Those tires will not make or break anyone, maybe try them again for an answer. I also would take it up a level, see what the president says.

All being said though that is a bad ass car my friend !

Edited by SWEDEMAN