TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2016 Terlingua update

39Mustang

I am making a few changes right out of the gate myself. I already have the yellow bunny decal for the hood, and the real fender shields to replace the tinfoil green ones they are putting on the cars now. We begged them not to use those, but they had some cheap company make copies since they didn't have any, and the final product looks like a bad photo copy. But, whatever. I already took care of that long ago.

I agree that if you want it not in CF appearance, that you get it wrapped. They can now color match wraps to where you cannot tell the difference. That way, it can be unwrapped down the road if the next owner or you decide that the CF factory look is what you want.

I agree that if you want it not in CF appearance, that you get it wrapped. They can now color match wraps to where you cannot tell the difference. That way, it can be unwrapped down the road if the next owner or you decide that the CF factory look is what you want.

Except there is no guarantee the Wrap will not harm the paint. When I bought my 2011 GT350 I have NO idea the owner put that clear bra over the whole damn car and when removing it, it took off some clear in certain spots and now I have to wet sand the clear and reclear the entire top of car so if you think its harmless, you are very wrong

Except there is no guarantee the Wrap will not harm the paint. When I bought my 2011 GT350 I have NO idea the owner put that clear bra over the whole damn car and when removing it, it took off some clear in certain spots and now I have to wet sand the clear and reclear the entire top of car so if you think its harmless, you are very wrong

Clear bra is nothing like vinyl wrap, very different properties and adhesive. It was just a suggestion as I have lots of experience with wraps on race cars, removal and reapplications. Enjoy your Terlingua! It looks amazing!

Just asking, would the bunny decal adhere to the wrap without issue?

Having asked that, I love your car! I would only change the rear spoiler as you suggest. Enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...

Nicely done.

Fantastic color choice - the red is not typical Terlingua, but it works!

Thx I could not do Black or Yellow not my thing and here is the kicker, I hate Red

Here are some more pics

Once i have the car and if the carbon fiber hood is too much i may do what Dubbs is doing and Wrap the hood or another option is just buy another hood and switch them up now and then

My brother still thinks this is not my car because he knows i would never own a Red or Yellow Mustang and here it is Red w/ Yellow accents lol. I think the Red just makes it look exotic

2016 Ter 6 - Copy 2.jpg

2016 Ter 9 - Copy 2.jpg

2016 Ter 11 - Copy 2.jpg

2016 Ter 14 - Copy 2.jpg

Very nice!

I will put it as my 2nd favorite Terlingua right behind your Blue one lol

I like the Red have no regrets building it this way, however I didn't know SAI would continue the Terlingua package for 2017 cars as I was told they were Sold Out and with that new Lightning Blue which is very close to the original Guardsman Blue I may just have waited if I knew this color was available?

Attention Ford, bring back the Mach 1 for 2018 so I can order a Lightning Blue Mach 1

Just noticed something on my car when I enlarged the picture and now going to ask them about this

Car has Michelin decals right, why are there Bridgestone Potenza's on my car then? I could have sworn these are supposed to come with Michelin Pilots Super Sports?

That looks great! Did you get a good CSM #?

I was looking at the original Terlingua build sheet and did you know there is a Windveil Blue Terlingua? Automatic too... has anyone ever seen it or pictures of it?

I thought you had the only Blue one? Windevil, Vista, its all Blue

Here are some more pics

Once i have the car and if the carbon fiber hood is too much i may do what Dubbs is doing and Wrap the hood or another option is just buy another hood and switch them up now and then

My brother still thinks this is not my car because he knows i would never own a Red or Yellow Mustang and here it is Red w/ Yellow accents lol. I think the Red just makes it look exotic

Nice looking car dude.

Agreed on the Lightning Blue.