TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2016 Terlingua update

39Mustang

I was just sent these...

I have never owned a Red car let alone Red anything but this looks great so far was a very good decision to go with Red

As of date its the Only Red Terlingua

2016 Ter 2.jpg

2016 Ter 3.jpg

2016 Ter 4.jpg

2016 Ter.jpg

That looks great! Did you get a good CSM #?

Yea, #39 what else lol but what the actual number is don't know how they are doing it?

That looks great! Did you get a good CSM #?

If you look at the 1st picture it appears to be a Blue Terlingua behind mine as you can see the Blue on the bumper. I would have chose Blue if it were a great Blue color like our Vista Blue or back in 98-00 Atlantic Blue Metallic these are true Blue colors even the vintage Mustang color Acapulco Blue but this Kona Blue then Deep Impact Blue both have way too much Purple in it for my taste. And I've been to Kona Hawaii the water is much Bluer and brighter

If you look at the 1st picture it appears to be a Blue Terlingua behind mine as you can see the Blue on the bumper. I would have chose Blue if it were a great Blue color like our Vista Blue or back in 98-00 Atlantic Blue Metallic these are true Blue colors even the vintage Mustang color Acapulco Blue but this Kona Blue then Deep Impact Blue both have way too much Purple in it for my taste. And I've been to Kona Hawaii the water is much Bluer and brighter

Shelby American has no blue in color Terlinguas in production. So far the top three colors have been black, yellow and red.

Steve

Carl,

Congrats, been on the road and just saw this thread and had a chance to post! Looks awesome, can't wait for more pics and to see it.

David

yea thx would be great to have put it in my new garage oh wait, mortgage guy screwed that up and lost the house so I don't have that big garage to put it in. This is the 2nd house I lost in CO in 10 months its ridiculous starting to think 'something else' is keeping me from moving there. I might have to think about moving elsewhere?

yea thx would be great to have put it in my new garage oh wait, mortgage guy screwed that up and lost the house so I don't have that big garage to put it in. This is the 2nd house I lost in CO in 10 months its ridiculous starting to think 'something else' is keeping me from moving there. I might have to think about moving elsewhere?

Man, that's a bad deal.

At least you will have a new bunny! Just saw one in the flesh at Legacy, they are really something!

David

Man, that's a bad deal.

At least you will have a new bunny! Just saw one in the flesh at Legacy, they are really something!

David

The show in Plano? They didn't have a show like this when I lived in Plano! Once a month you could find cars hanging out at a Burger joint in that plaza by Chik Fil-A on 121 and the Sonic on Coit as the N. Texas Mustang club always had shows too far from Plano. Oh man I miss Saltgrass Steakhouse

• 2 weeks later...

I said to Frankie well if mine is the 1st one built maybe I should have the 001 plaque... he replied with lol

When is yours being delivered? #50 got delivered to TX a few weeks ago. My #5 is just now on the lifts finishing up suspension, driveshaft and rollcage.

When is yours being delivered? #50 got delivered to TX a few weeks ago. My #5 is just now on the lifts finishing up suspension, driveshaft and rollcage.

I told them I was in no rush so whenever it gets done

My suspension is done. Drive shaft and breaks going on today. Then I'll be moving to the interior: roll bar, rear seat delete, recaro seats etc.[/

So you are building a Terlingua or? What ever it is it sounds awesome. Did Gary do your rear seat delete and interior?

Sounds awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a new pic today and not sure I like the all carbon fiber hood look? I thought my hood was going to be Red which I think was an option so not sure which option?

Ter 5.jpg

Under the Terlingua "Build One" link it list as standard options the black cf hood, or painted yellow hood. Not sure if SAI offers other colored hoods. It's probably best to call and ask them.

Yes I am aware the build option gave you the choice CF or Painted hood but I was told today ONLY the Yellow cars have the option of a painted hood.

This would be the 3rd thing I disagree with them about and whomever is making these decisions is using their personal taste and not want the buyer wants. Sorry Terlingua build team but my car would look 100 times better with a Red hood!! This will probably be the 3rd option I change once I have the car and I couldn't give a rats ass about how it came, its my money and at this price they should have asked do I want the CF hood or painted? I had mentioned to them that the Steeda rear decklid Wing would look awesome on these over that iddy bitty trim they stuck on the trunk. Its already 1 of 1 but the entire hood CF is a bit much and rice rocket looking. We'll see

I missed the part where it's made clear that the hood is Real Live Carbon Fiber, or Sort-of-Like Carbon-Fiber-Looking finish. If the first, keep it that way and be satisfied that there isn't much more to be done, lightness and strength-wise. Sort of like doing a competition blueprint job on your always street-driven engine; just knowing it's there is worth the price of admission.

If the latter, by all means paint it to your taste.

If it were my choice, I'd keep a genuine CF hood on the car, but paint it car-color and rub the paint on the high spots, so the genuinity shows through. Sort of like polishing your Jaguar but never repainting it:

JagXK140orig01c_0079.jpg