TEAM SHELBY FORUM

40th Anniversary & Silver Stripes!

07-SHLB

First off, I realize that the other 40th thread has a few comments on this issue buried about half way down. I for one have a "Red Stripe Apperance Package" on a black car on the way...I am shocked that more candidates for this package are not UP IN ARMS about this!...It seems the tire size & map light/alarm issues are getting more run.

Maybe I missed something, & maybe this is O.K. for others... But I never expected the stripes to be replaced regardless of the strip/car color combination. I started a new topic about this to gauge reactions such as mine as well as to find out answers to a few questions.

1. Did everyone but me realize this was the case?

2. Does it change your mind on the 40th Anniversary Package?

3. How do we change the minds of the good folks In Las Vegas?

I am out at this point...My $11,250 + tax is staying in the bank...I feel that the "Red Stripe Appearnce Package" means more to me than the 40th, It just does not add up to change it for me. Maybe a running total of owners not going ahead with the package will help.

I am UP IN ARMS about this & I am leading the charge to try and change this, WHO IS WITH ME?

First off, I realize that the other 40th thread has a few comments on this issue buried about half way down. I for one have a "Red Stripe Apperance Package" on a black car on the way...I am shocked that more candidates for this package are not UP IN ARMS about this!...It seems the tire size & map light/alarm issues are getting more run.

Maybe I missed something, & maybe this is O.K. for others... But I never expected the stripes to be replaced regardless of the strip/car color combination. I started a new topic about this to gauge reactions such as mine as well as to find out answers to a few questions.

I am out at this point...My $11,250 + tax is staying in the bank...I feel that the "Red Stripe Appearnce Package" means more to me than the 40th, It just does not add up to change it for me. Maybe a running total of owners not going ahead with the package will help.

I am UP IN ARMS about this & I am leading the charge to try and change this, WHO IS WITH ME?

You're not alone. Please check the "Super Snake color options" forum. There is also an issue with that package only having black stripes.

We can/should convey our feelings to Amy, but we just need to be respectful and polite when we do. I suggest a private email or a PM through here.

I just does not make sense. It's not the color of the stripes that distingushes the cars as a 40th or a SS, it's the layout of the stripes that does. If this issue is a deal breaker for you, then let Amy know that.

Hey, what's all this talk of individuality... put your prep-school stripes on and get back with the package. :hysterical2: As I posted on another thread I'm totally with you on this one, especially for those of us going for the collectability factor. Color and package combos are readily used to drive value at Berret Jackson auctions. For example, I thought there was a member here (farmdog?) who has THE ONLY '69 GT500 in GO with the drag pack option? That's certainly worth bragging rights if anything!

Well 07-SHLB,

For what it is worth, and in my opinion, there was nothing about the stripes in the brochure or press release for the 40th.

I only heard a flash about it when I got the call from John about what I was doing, and for my deposit. I then only heard back from

him on Friday confirming that "The 40th Anniversary cars will all come with Silver Stripes".

I personally bought my car with the Torch Red and Performance White Stripes, because this was the prototype configuration (and I like it).

I would not have ordered, nor did I consider the car with the Torch Red/Silver combonation, but FOR ME, I don't have a problem with it if

it is 40th specific.

I do think it is a diferent situation since they have brought out the "Red Stripe Package". It is conflicting with all packages from Shelby, because

they will all change the stripes. I don't know what the answer is, but I do think it is something that SAI needs to address. Hang in there, this is

just an oversite at this point. Now that Amy is back from Tulsa, which was obviously a huge animal to tame with the Super Snake introduction,

these things will now be getting addressed. Be patient (and I don't say that like I've mastered it).

The 40th will be a great package, but I do agree with others that we need a comprehensive list of the parts and numbers, options and restrictions

that make up these (40th and SS) packages.

Just PM or email Amy personally, and you will get what you need.

KingCobra.

I've already posted my feelings on the other thread. The short version is, I don't want to change my stripe color. It's not a deal killer for me, but it sure doesn't make any sense. As previously stated, there is nothing in the press release or brochure to indicate that there was going to be a stripe change for a coupe. The extra charge for the vert, in part, was to add the stripes. Like those with the red stripe package, I've got a performance white with Tungsten stripes and I know it will have low production numbers and after the 40th gets put on all 07 models, it will be one of a very, very few. That was my plan from the get-go. I also believe that the issue with the wheels and tires is a much bigger issue than the color of the stripes.

Maybe the most appropriate way to handle this in a professional manner would be for one of the admins to start a petition about this subject in order to be presented to SAI. It seems to me that rather than each person individually submitting pm's to Amy, either politically correct or not, one concise petition reqeusted SAI revisit this subject may carry more wait AND insure that it's done respectfully is the right way to proceed. Just my .02 cents worth.

Maybe the most appropriate way to handle this in a professional manner would be for one of the admins to start a petition about this subject in order to be presented to SAI. It seems to me that rather than each person individually submitting pm's to Amy, either politically correct or not, one concise petition reqeusted SAI revisit this subject may carry more wait AND insure that it's done respectfully is the right way to proceed. Just my .02 cents worth.

See my Super Snake & 40th Thread Poll in the SS area

I've already posted my feelings on the other thread. The short version is, I don't want to change my stripe color. It's not a deal killer for me, but it sure doesn't make any sense. As previously stated, there is nothing in the press release or brochure to indicate that there was going to be a stripe change for a coupe. The extra charge for the vert, in part, was to add the stripes. Like those with the red stripe package, I've got a performance white with Tungsten stripes and I know it will have low production numbers and after the 40th gets put on all 07 models, it will be one of a very, very few. That was my plan from the get-go. I also believe that the issue with the wheels and tires is a much bigger issue than the color of the stripes.

+1

I think the 40th package with ss brakes is going to require different wheels? Right? Early on I was told stripes were owner's pick but I would be OK with changing stripes. Wheels/tires are much bigger issue. They need to be better then stock.

Even considering performance upgrades & brakes, I find it hard to believe that most are focused on wheels & tires as the bigger issue!...My number one decision when I ordered my car was body color & stripe color, I think you will find this true with most others as well...Why would anyone roll over for a complete change of the overall appearance of thier car, and worry more about wheels and tires that can easily be torqued on & off at will?...The 40th package without brakes or performance upgrades will or should roll just fine on the proposed tires!...Or am I again missing something I should know? :huh:

Even considering performance upgrades & brakes, I find it hard to believe that most are focused on wheels & tires as the bigger issue!...My number one decision when I ordered my car was body color & stripe color, I think you will find this true with most others as well...Why would anyone roll over for a complete change of the overall appearance of thier car, and worry more about wheels and tires that can easily be torqued on & off at will?...The 40th package without brakes or performance upgrades will or should roll just fine on the proposed tires!...Or am I again missing something I should know? :huh:

These cars are about both LOOKS and PERFORMANCE so both are equally important . That said you are right about how important stripes and color were when we ordered our cars and they are no less important now.

We all knew we could eventually change the wheels if we didn't like them but not the paint or stripes that are on the vin .However if we do change anything from a performance standpoint it should be an upgrade and an improvement over the original.IMO

Archived