TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2016 Ford Shelby F-150

Aaronisron

Ford builds the GT350 in house. The 150 is a post title conversion done in Vegas.

The Shelby F-150 is built in Indiana, would love it to be built in Vegas but its not.

Also the Shelby F-150 is a pre-title conversion, these trucks are sold as Shelby's at select Ford dealerships,

Steve

The Shelby F-150 is built in Indiana, would love it to be built in Vegas but its not.

Also the Shelby F-150 is a pre-title conversion, these trucks are sold as Shelby's at select Ford dealerships,

Steve

Wow! I didn't know that. So does that mean it has a full Ford warranty on everything, including the engine? That would make me very interested.

Those Shelby F150's are built by Tuscany so its Shelby in name only and is why i said $100k for a truck that really has nothing to do with Shelby American is absurd

So the Shelby F150 is a pre-title build like the 07-08 Shelby GTs with its own Monroney windsticker?

Yes the Shelby F-150 has an additional Monroney label from the builder of the truck. Photo below shows the additional window sticker above the Ford Monroney label.

Steve

Shelby f150.jpg

FYI ...after reading these article, somehow the above comments do not add-up!

"Shelby American and Tuscany Motor Co. Team up to Introduce the All-New 700HP 2016 Shelby F-150 at SEMA Show in Las Vegas"

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20151103006598/en/Shelby-American-Tuscany-Motor-Team-Introduce-All-New

:lurk:

"Shelby American and Tuscany Motor Co. Team up to Introduce the All-New 700HP 2016 Shelby F-150 at SEMA Show in Las Vegas"

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20151103006598/en/Shelby-American-Tuscany-Motor-Team-Introduce-All-New

Which comments?

Well, Shelby Licensed them so, that in itself can be considered as being "Teamed Up Together" and didn't Shelby design the Truck?

Well, Shelby Licensed them so, that in itself can be considered as being "Teamed Up Together" and didn't Shelby design the Truck?

These photos were taken at Shelby American. These trucks are certainly Shelby's just like every other car bearing Carroll's name. If you want details make sure to ask Gary Patterson. He will be on the road most of this summer showing our cars off. He spearheaded this venture and has all the details.

IMG 1826

IMG 7900

IMG 8659

IMG 8657

It would be good to know SAI was heavily involved with the trucks. When I was at SAI in March, I thought I saw some in the shop, but not knowing anything about them (until I saw how great they look in my dealer's showroom, and am considering trading my SC Raptor in on one) I didn't ask any questions. I will ask more about the details from my dealer.

It would be good to know SAI was heavily involved with the trucks. When I was at SAI in March, I thought I saw some in the shop, but not knowing anything about them (until I saw how great they look in my dealer's showroom, and am considering trading my SC Raptor in on one) I didn't ask any questions. I will ask more about the details from my dealer.

If we had only known we would have pulled one of the trucks out so you could have a closer look and be given a test drive. I can't tell you how many sales of these trucks Gary Patterson has made thru "demonstrations" on Ensworth Street ;)

Steve

If we had only known we would have pulled one of the trucks out so you could have a closer look and be given a test drive. I can't tell you how many sales of these trucks Gary Patterson has made thru "demonstrations" on Ensworth Street ;)

Steve

Thanks, if I had been in the market for a new truck then, I would have, but now that my Raptor is having issues, I am looking and I am sure I will get a test drive in one soon.

Well, I think some here are being a little quick to pile on. Fact is, Shelby designed the performance aspects of this truck taking experience gathered on the Shelby Raptor builds. What you ended up with was a fully option Lariat F150, adding the luxury of that package to the suspension and power of the supercharged raptor. It's a heavier truck that won't quite perform with the Raptor in Baja setting, but fully capable off-road, on road, and towing a car hauler across the country.

Why Tuscany? No official information has been shared for that, but my best guess is that Tuscany has the facility to build the trucks, and already has some items designed and fabricated in mass, like the hood, and this saves Shelby some money, time, and precious building area. In addition, doing it as a pretitle opens up the finance through Ford market to hop into one of these.

I know some guys here are quick to throw water on the parade, but I think you outta at least get a ride in one before you knock it. It's pretty impressive actually. I know two guys that had ZERO intention of buying one, got a ride, and owned it within a day. One of those guys has a few Raptors, and this is his new favorite truck.

I wasn't a big fan of the hood from pictures- the triple grill vents seemed a little too much for my tastes. But that's about the only negative I can find on it.

Btw- one was advertised here in Texas for just under 80k, new. So deals are out there. I know some dealers are throwing outrageous prices on them, but you can find deals.

Thanks Dubbs, as usual a factual, level-headed kind of analysis amongst all the emotion and backbiting by SAI detractors. The primary job of my SC Raptor is towing all my cars around the country for judging. The secondary job is a sports truck to tool around the area and the mountains, this truck seems good as a replacement, but the Tuscany thing has worried me. I am not familiar with them, but have complete confidence in SAI (surprise since I have so many of their vehicles) so if they think it is worthy, I am OK with that. I just need to see if my wife can climb into it without a 6 foot ladder, the lift kit looks extreme, but I need to measure and try it out compared to my SC Raptor. Thanks!

It is a an inch or two higher than our Raptors unless you adjusted to mid or high perch. I was never a big fan of side steps, but the ones on the raptor changed that for me forever. The look right, and keep door dings from happening at all. I actually own all the take off Shelby Raptor stuff from the first gen prototype. The roof rack lightbar/tire rack fit perfect even with my bedcover. The wheels are awesome too. The sidesteps are still in the shipping box, though, because when I got them I noticed they were really skinny bars, and wouldn't give the same protection or look as the stock ones. But that's my taste.

Thanks for the compliment Mike! I am sure I come across a fanboy, which I am or I wouldn't be here, but I never fail to share a constructive criticism. Believe it or not, I've actually seen changes made in builds because the feedback was a suggestion, not an insult.

(Supersnake stripe colors come to mind)

They do? Never heard of them before, what are the GM and Ram models they build.

Tuscany had mainly done custom Vans as its them and Explorer the only ones left. Then Tuscany got into doing the GMC and Chevy trucks and the last few years Tuscany were doing the Ford trucks and one version was the Black Ops truck which they were getting blasted over as their donation to the soldiers of each truck sold was so small why even bother so I am not surprised by their Shelby version. Shocked to say that many people are buying a $100k truck that has nothing to do with SAI is a shocker

These photos were taken at Shelby American. These trucks are certainly Shelby's just like every other car bearing Carroll's name. If you want details make sure to ask Gary Patterson. He will be on the road most of this summer showing our cars off. He spearheaded this venture and has all the details.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Secondo