TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My baby's been violated.

07 SHLB

Well, it looks like my car will never be "original" again. The worst possible thing that someone could do, has been done.

Saturday afternoon I installed my dash plaque and one of the sill plates. Feeling thirsty, I ran inside to tell my wife that I was going to run and grab some beer. My plan was to run down to 7-11, grab a 12 pack and be back in 10 minutes. My wife said that she needed some coffee for the morning and asked if I'd grab that while I was out. That changed where I was going but I said "no problem". I proceeded to the local grocery store and parked at the end of the center row. I walked straight into the building, straight to the coffee row, grabbed the can of coffee, walked straight to the self checkout without any wait, paid cash and walked out the door. The passenger side of the car was facing the building so I didn't see anything until I went around the back of my car and went to grab the door handle. This is what I was greeted with:

post-8632-1182729111_thumb.jpg

I looked around and didn't see anyone in the parking lot. Just cars. I'm telling you, I couldn't have been in the store more than 2 minutes, max. I immediately went inside and asked to speak to the manager so I could review the security tape. It turns out that the "manager" doesn't know anything about that fancy survailance system they got hooked up. He said I would have to talk to the store director who doesn't come back to work until Monday. So, I called the police. Since I didn't see anyone do it, all they could do was take my information. They said that they would assign a detective in a week or so to the case and that he would give me a call. The odds of them figuring out who did it and me getting revenge, uh I mean restitution, are about nil.

I just can't believe that anyone would do that. The pictures bad but the scratch is so deep it looks like it's into the metal. I don't think there's anyway they are going to be able to repair it without it being noticable. The paint won't match unless they paint the entire panels. You know the insurance company won't sign up for that. I'm thinking about not even filing a claim with the insurance company. I have a $500 deductable and they will probably only pay for repainting the area that was keyed. If they do that, you will more than likely be able to see that it was repaired. Maybe it's time to repaint the entire thing and add some ghost flames....

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just looking at that makes me sick... :barf:

Repainting the door shouldn't be hard, but the rear qtr will need to be feathered in. Any GOOD paint guy can do it. Car is new. Existing paint will match perfect with the new paint (just give them your color code and you'll be golden).

Call your insurance. That bill will be WAY more than $500, and because it's not a collision, you shouldn't be penalized for the claim.

Best of luck finding the A-hole who did it.

If you find him/her, give us the coordinates. Justice is on the way...

post-2704-1182730754_thumb.jpg

Well, it looks like my car will never be "original" again. The worst possible thing that someone could do, has been done.

Saturday afternoon I installed my dash plaque and one of the sill plates. Feeling thirsty, I ran inside to tell my wife that I was going to run and grab some beer. My plan was to run down to 7-11, grab a 12 pack and be back in 10 minutes. My wife said that she needed some coffee for the morning and asked if I'd grab that while I was out. That changed where I was going but I said "no problem". I proceeded to the local grocery store and parked at the end of the center row. I walked straight into the building, straight to the coffee row, grabbed the can of coffee, walked straight to the self checkout without any wait, paid cash and walked out the door. The passenger side of the car was facing the building so I didn't see anything until I went around the back of my car and went to grab the door handle. This is what I was greeted with:

I looked around and didn't see anyone in the parking lot. Just cars. I'm telling you, I couldn't have been in the store more than 2 minutes, max. I immediately went inside and asked to speak to the manager so I could review the security tape. It turns out that the "manager" doesn't know anything about that fancy survailance system they got hooked up. He said I would have to talk to the store director who doesn't come back to work until Monday. So, I called the police. Since I didn't see anyone do it, all they could do was take my information. They said that they would assign a detective in a week or so to the case and that he would give me a call. The odds of them figuring out who did it and me getting revenge, uh I mean restitution, are about nil.

I just can't believe that anyone would do that. The pictures bad but the scratch is so deep it looks like it's into the metal. I don't think there's anyway they are going to be able to repair it without it being noticable. The paint won't match unless they paint the entire panels. You know the insurance company won't sign up for that. I'm thinking about not even filing a claim with the insurance company. I have a $500 deductable and they will probably only pay for repainting the area that was keyed. If they do that, you will more than likely be able to see that it was repaired. Maybe it's time to repaint the entire thing and add some ghost flames....

OMFG!!!!! I am so sorry about what happened. It's hard to believe anyone could be that malicious, but there's idiots everywhere. I had someone key my ETC, they put a big "X" on the left rear quarter. Because it was white diamond color, the insurance company had to pay to blend the paint into the whole side of the car. I'm no paint expert, but I'd take it to the best paint guy around you and let him tell you what can be done. Again so sorry man :nonono:

07Shelby,

That is horrible. The pit of my gut hurts. There are some people in this world that don't care about others and are so full of hate that they have to lash out. Do you live in CA ? I know it could happen anywhere, I was just wondering.

A Good painter should be able to re-Paint the entire door and get a match. Find the best painter in town and have the door re-painted and then decide from there.

I feel bad for you.

OMF, I feel bad for you 07, I hope you find the sick SOB that did that. :angry2:

We all feel your pain. I too would want both quarter panels painted also versus feathering. From my experience you will be looking at $500 per panel. I am sure others will have other estimates to help you make your final decision on what to do.

If you find him/her, give us the coordinates. Justice is on the way...

Now that is the kind of justice that would make me feel better. Unfortunately, my wife doesn't think that retaliation would gain anything. She said that would make them win. :finger: I'm thinking I'm going to have to get some sleeping pills for her and a black ninja outfit for myself. :ninja:

That makes me sick. Do not get brushed aside with the store managerand police. Be persistant and likeable. Get them on your side. Security cams are amazing. Do not waste time either many cams/tapes are only around for a couple of days and they retape. Get on it first thing in the morning.

My condolences, I could never fathom what goes through a kids mind (besides a 45 :waiting: ) when he does something like that

you go through hoops to get the car, protect it in every way you can, garage, kids etc and then bam, some :censored: a**hole screws around with your stuff.

Now you have to make sure the repairs are done properly and yes if you were thinking of something custom this is the time for it.......(optimist)

This is truly ashame!

I hope the tape can show who did this and can find the punk to prosecute, there is NO excuse for such a thing. :cry:

Now that is the kind of justice that would make me feel better. Unfortunately, my wife doesn't think that retaliation would gain anything. She said that would make them win. :finger: I'm thinking I'm going to have to get some sleeping pills for her and a black ninja outfit for myself. :ninja:

Oh, a sleeper op. You very clever young Jedi.

My condolences, I could never fathom what goes through a kids mind (besides a 45 :waiting: ) when he does something like that

you go through hoops to get the car, protect it in every way you can, garage, kids etc and then bam, some :censored: a**hole screws around with your stuff.

Now you have to make sure the repairs are done properly and yes if you were thinking of something custom this is the time for it.......(optimist)

People like that shouldn't be allowed to reproduce.

That makes me SICK!

What is wrong with people??

To damage someones property, why because they do not have one, or they are just bored.

That just SUCKS!

that is terrible , just terrible. but that is the state of the world we live in. you can't have anything nice with out someone messing it up. i have thought about that when the ford GT came out. what would you do with the car , you can't let them set any where with out getting messed with.

i sure hope you find who did this , not that it will make your car be any better. like was said about a good body shop will be able to blend it in , but it will cost much more than your 500. deductable.

That makes me sick. Do not get brushed aside with the store managerand police. Be persistant and likeable. Get them on your side. Security cams are amazing. Do not waste time either many cams/tapes are only around for a couple of days and they retape. Get on it first thing in the morning.

Yes, get there first thing tomorrow morning. I had the times and dates that some a$$hole charged on my stolen credit card at Toys R Us. When I went to the store, they said they would have to get back to me. In the mean time they recorded over the tapes. :censored: Toys R Us and theiving bastards.

07Shelby,

That is horrible. The pit of my gut hurts. There are some people in this world that don't care about others and are so full of hate that they have to lash out. Do you live in CA ? I know it could happen anywhere, I was just wondering.

A Good painter should be able to re-Paint the entire door and get a match. Find the best painter in town and have the door re-painted and then decide from there.

I feel bad for you.

I actually live in Florida, Tampa/St. Pete area. It's rice burner capital down here. Probably one of them bastards that are mad because my car can kick their weed eater azz.

I talked to another manager today and they told me that the "tapes" are actually electronic and that they keep the files for 30 days before deleting. I just need to talk to the director tomorrow to see if I can get a copy to give to the detective, when they get around to asigning one.

Oh, a sleeper op. You very clever young Jedi.

Yes, I've had numerous hours of plotting/planning my revenge, oops I mean planning my course of legal action, since the event. In the height of the planning I "dropped" my cell phone. Did you know that it's possible for a cell phone cover, ricketshay'd off the floor, to stick into a wall sideways? :rolleyes:

Last year a friend of a friend just bought a new yellow Jack Roush mustang, had it a week and parked it out by itself at a Kash and Karry. Forgot something in his car and went back and found a man walking around it. When he got to the car, it was keyed. He called the police and they picked up the guy right then. They went to look at the security tapes and sure enough, the *sshole was caught on tape. He gave the guy a choice, pay up 3k then for the paint or the pokey. The man paid up on the spot, the police officer asked him why he did it, said he hated fords and mustangs. LOL If they have the tapes, LOOK AT THEM!!!!!! Where at in Florida?

Scott

Unbelievable. We all feel your pain and share your fear when we take our cars out in public. It was like a punch in the gut when I saw the pictures. There is hope. The security camera, especially if it a reasonably large store, may very well have the whole event on tape. Make sure you put your request in writing to the store director immediately and include the police report number and a time frame of plus or minus 30 minutes of when it happened. Don't be surprised if they are reluctant or refuse to give you the tape, the lawyers have everyone gunshy about liability. It doesn't mean that they will not give it to the police. Once you put them on notice of the incident, they will preserve the tape and if they don't, they may be creating some liability. Some security systems overwrite after a certain number of days, some go for extended periods of time. We have both. Give them plenty of notice to dub the tape.

We have had two situations with security cameras and thugs, one involving a customer and another involving an employee's car being stolen. They ended up catching both. Both went to jail, and it happened in short order.

As previously mentioned, it will cost way more than $500 to do it right, so immediately notify your insurance company. Get the best paint guy in town, your insurance company will pay, at least they would have to in Texas, and your state may be the same.

Wow, what a bummer. Good luck.

Where at in Florida?

Scott

Clearwater. The store was only 10 blocks from home. It kind of makes me want to put that moat in that I've been thinking about. Ten feet wide around the house, full of gaters. That should keep the bastards out.

Clearwater. The store was only 10 blocks from home. It kind of makes me want to put that moat in that I've been thinking about. Ten feet wide around the house, full of gaters. That should keep the bastards out.

When you get your master plan together and need help, I'm only 45 min. away. One idea is to make sure the person has three tone paint for the next five years!!

Scott

Ditto on that! What city in Florida and what chain is this if you do not mind me asking? I bet if you told him one of his carts did the damage that tape would be up and showing in a short period of time! I feel for you brother especially since my car is in a parking lot everynight on this trip. I know how I would feel!

Mark

I know that feeling 07...

post-7031-1182736088_thumb.jpg

I saw that and felt it in my gut. I thought - who could do such a thing? Then I realized - it was me!!!! Turned out this was from a car wash...I wrote about it in another thread. I'll never use a car wash again. Anyway - I do know how you must have felt at the moment of discovery. It is a real feeling of being violated.

We still depend on the kindness of strangers and the honor system - which today can be too much to ask of some...

post-7031-1182736088_thumb.jpg

Archived