TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mcleod RXT on 2008 GT500 question/opinion wanted

Over the weekend I installed the Mcleod RXT clutch, New OEM slave cylinder, pilot bearing, and a Mcleod stainless clutch line. After installation car drove fine on the way home. The next day in the afternoon I went to back out of my drive way and reverse was not easy to go into (Grind). If I shift into 3rd let clutch out a bit and then shift into reverse quickly there is no grind. When installing the RXT I made sure the first disc spun freely and it wasn't binding in any way like Mcleod recommends. Could there still be air that needs to be bled in the clutch system causing this? We did do the vacuum bleed procedure and the pedal feels fine from what I can tell.

Edited by turboboostin

• 1 month later...

Over the weekend I installed the Mcleod RXT clutch, New OEM slave cylinder, pilot bearing, and a Mcleod stainless clutch line. After installation car drove fine on the way home. The next day in the afternoon I went to back out of my drive way and reverse was not easy to go into (Grind). If I shift into 3rd let clutch out a bit and then shift into reverse quickly there is no grind. When installing the RXT I made sure the first disc spun freely and it wasn't binding in any way like Mcleod recommends. Could there still be air that needs to be bled in the clutch system causing this? We did do the vacuum bleed procedure and the pedal feels fine from what I can tell.

I am 100% sure there is a "Air Bubble" in the line.Just keep pumping the Clutch Pedal and it will come to normal feel and operation.hydro