TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Radiator Swap

Has anyone tried the Mishimoto radiator swap in their car? I know SHELBY sells the CR but when your not really racing comparing the $849 for the CR vs $400 for the Mishimoto seems like a nice savings. Comparing them fit and finish are comparable, both 3 row, all aluminum. Has anyone tried it?

I bought an SVE radiator from Late Model Restoration but they don't carry it any longer. They now have the Fluidyne for about the same price.

https://lmr.com/item/FHP-2005MU/05-09-Fluidyne-Mustang-Aluminum-Radiator

The SVE dropped my temps 20-30 degrees over the stock radiator.

After my stock radiator crapped out I've been though a Mishimoto, Fluidyne and C&R...they were all crap!! The C&R didn't even last 4 months. I went with a Ford Racing one, which is what I was initially leading towards until I was talked out of it by a few people. I replaced the fan with the SVT hi-flow when I initially replaced the radiator the first time. With adjusting the fan settings and radiator and everything I run right around 198 degrees. I think the fan alone made a HUGE difference.

I have to agree although the C&R/Shelby is a nice piece mine too developed a pinhole leak after a relatively short time of use with no warranty support. I have heard good things on the Mishimoto radiator and anyone that has had an issue have had a replacement shipped no questions asked. At the price I was thinking to get one just to try it. Was also thinking of the fan upgrade and thermostat as an added bonus,

GT

I've done this swap also. Took my time because you are stuffing a lot more material in a smaller spot but it can be done. I bought mine at a different spot when it was on sale. No issues yet but it was done late last year. This is the thread I created on the install. -Kevin http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/89682-upgraded-cooling-system/