TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Color Confusion

I am confused about Vista Blue. The color I see on this website of the Blue GT500 with the silver/grey stripes looks great, but the Vista Blue I see on the '06 GT Mustangs looks dead by comparison. It's more of a Dark "Navy" Blue to my eye. Does anybody else feel that way? Are they changing Vista Blue for the "07 GT500, or is the prototype GT500 we see pictures of here actually Sonic Blue? When I was in Las Vegas at the Shelby meet in February they had one of the 6 cylinder supercharged Shelby Mustangs there and the Shelby representative told me it was actually Sonic Blue, and it looked very close to the pictures I see on this site. If I knew for sure that vista Blue would look like the pictures on this site, that is the way I would go, with White Lemans Stripes. But if it's the color I'm seeing on the '06 GT's, I'm sticking with Red & White. I'd hate to order the car and then be disappointed in the color when it finally arrived.

I am confused about Vista Blue. The color I see on this website of the Blue GT500 with the silver/grey stripes looks great, but the Vista Blue I see on the '06 GT Mustangs looks dead by comparison. It's more of a Dark "Navy" Blue to my eye. Does anybody else feel that way? Are they changing Vista Blue for the "07 GT500, or is the prototype GT500 we see pictures of here actually Sonic Blue? When I was in Las Vegas at the Shelby meet in February they had one of the 6 cylinder supercharged Shelby Mustangs there and the Shelby representative told me it was actually Sonic Blue, and it looked very close to the pictures I see on this site. If I knew for sure that vista Blue would look like the pictures on this site, that is the way I would go, with White Lemans Stripes. But if it's the color I'm seeing on the '06 GT's, I'm sticking with Red & White. I'd hate to order the car and then be disappointed in the color when it finally arrived.

I have seen a Vista Blue GT in the sunlight and it is a very good color. If you compare the photos of the Performance White with the Vista Blue stripes in both sunlight and under indoor lighting, there is a definite difference to the blue, at least to my eye.

In either light, I like the Vista Blue over the Sonic Blue. I ordered the White with Vista Blue stripes if that tells you anything! But, if you can't find a good comparison and you know you would be happy with the red/white, hey, the red/white looks super to me!

I have seen a Vista Blue GT in the sunlight and it is a very good color. If you compare the photos of the Performance White with the Vista Blue stripes in both sunlight and under indoor lighting, there is a definite difference to the blue, at least to my eye.

In either light, I like the Vista Blue over the Sonic Blue. I ordered the White with Vista Blue stripes if that tells you anything! But, if you can't find a good comparison and you know you would be happy with the red/white, hey, the red/white looks super to me!

:shift: I agree with both of you. I love blue but really don't like the purple hue in the 'Sonic' color offered on the 05's, and vista doesn't do it either. Also agree, Vista nice in sunlight but blah in shade. The blue off the Viper was the best. NOw as for red, I too was set on red but torch red is not the red we were shown from day one, it too looks orangy in direct sunlight..............Again, the red on the Viper is the best but I'm buying a Ford. So........I'm going safe, had black before, this will be a toy so going black again..........just deciding on stripes.

I haven't really liked any blue that Ford has put on a Mustang since they discontinued Bright Atlantic Blue in 2000. That's what my '98 is, and I love how bright it is under any lighting condition. True Blue was a nice color in sunlight, but I live in the Pacific NW, so I need a car that looks good even when the skies are grey. That's why I'm going with Grabber Orange for my GT500...

Archived