TEAM SHELBY FORUM

When giving a deposit what docs should I ask for?

I've sent out 16 emails to smaller dealers within 100 miles to ask for quotes on a 2008. I guess I'm being optimistic but should one of these dealers want a deposit on an upcoming allocation then what kind of documents should I expect to get in return?

David

Sparks, NV.

Once I had an allocation made available to me I went to the dealer, left a deposit and he ordered the car right then and there. I left with a written and signed contract

I've sent out 16 emails to smaller dealers within 100 miles to ask for quotes on a 2008. I guess I'm being optimistic but should one of these dealers want a deposit on an upcoming allocation then what kind of documents should I expect to get in return?

David

Sparks, NV.

Get a signed purchase agreement when you place your deposit signed by a manager, preferably the general manager. Once a VIN is assigned to the car, get an updated signed PA. You'll need it for insurance or financing anyway.

So if I visit the offering dealer with a deposit the order can be placed immediately. Does that then mean it is a done deal?

Most importantly, the dealer must have a car to sell to you. Many small dealerships will only get a single car for 2008. Be sure that car is yours. The car may not be scheduled to built until later in the model year. In that case there won't be a VIN yet. Once scheduled for assembly, the VIN will be assigned.

In my opinion, no deal is done until the car is sitting in your driveway.

Will the dealer know if his one car is available soon? I'd hate to tie up my deposit money with an open end that they might build it sometime within the model year.

When the car is built is determined by Ford, not the dealer. "Sold" vehicle are supposed to have priority.

DORA. INTERNAL WORK SHEET. OPTIONS CHECKLIST. RECEIPT OF DOWNPAYMENT. ORDER CONFIRMATION SHEET, ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE ANY STIPULATIONS, BUT ALSO MAKE SURE IT STIPULATES ADM OR NO ADM DEPENDING ON YOUR AGREEMENT.

ack sorry capslock, and i'm in middle of deal, g2g

Will the dealer know if his one car is available soon? I'd hate to tie up my deposit money with an open end that they might build it sometime within the model year.

Only if they will be getting one within the next couple of months. Usually the regional brand manager can tell them when their allocation is coming up if it is in the next couple of months. Otherwise it is a waiting game until Ford gives them allocation.

For example, I have our one and only allocation we are getting ordered. But it is just sitting in the order bank waiting until Ford pulls the order and schedules a build date. When that will be we have no clue. It could come up in the next month or two or it could be the last month of the 08 production.

The only thing I have heard is that all the president winners are suppose to get one first.

When the car is built is determined by Ford, not the dealer. "Sold" vehicle are supposed to have priority.

Ahem,

In my opinion and experience with an 07 purchase.......BS

Ford builds what thier high volume and political clout dealers want, presold or not and fits in the rest when they feel like it. A few at a time. Its all about who the dealer knows, how much they sell, not about when you order or how much you pay. Its not fair, moral or right. It just is.

Archived