TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Pic of Wife on National Mustang Day

It can get hot - you bet. I added Vintage Air to it when I had it restored, which helps somewhat.

Pics of when it was delivered when restoration was completed last year.

Did it originally have a vinyl roof, they are kind rare, had a 65 G.T coupe with a vinyl roof.

Did it originally have a vinyl roof, they are kind rare, had a 65 G.T coupe with a vinyl roof.

My parents ordered it new in 65. Built at Metuchen. I still have the original window sticker. My mom fell in love with the Mustang in 64, so they ordered it with the vinyl top, 6cyl, auto and a bench seat. It was the car that did all the Mom duty and then given to me. During the resto, I changed out the 6 (replaced in the 70's with an incorrect date coded engine) and replaced it with a 5.0 bored 35 over and dressed to look like a 289.

It took a year to restore. The body had never really been fixed from all the rot over the years. It made my mother cry when she saw it completed. I hadn't told her I was restoring it and waited to show it to her when it was done.

Edited by GTH391

My parents ordered it new in 65. Built at Metuchen. I still have the original window sticker. My mom fell in love with the Mustang in 64, so they ordered it with the vinyl top, 6cyl, auto and a bench seat. It was the car that did all the Mom duty and then given to me. During the resto, I changed out the 6 (replaced in the 70's with an incorrect date coded engine) and replaced it with a 5.0 bored 35 over and dressed to look like a 289.

It took a year to restore. The body had never really been fixed from all the rot over the years. It made my mother cry when she saw it completed. I hadn't told her I was restoring it and waited to show it to her when it was done.

Great story , has mom driven it?