TEAM SHELBY FORUM

335/30R20s on custom widened Forgestar F14s

Dubbs

I had been running a 325/30R20 on my Forgestar F14s on the rear of my Shelby without any mods or rubbing for 4 years. It was time to buy new tires by the end of the fall last year, so I starting looking at tires online. I knew there were very few companies that offer anything over a 305 and I didnt want to get a narrower tire so I started looking at wider. Michelin Pilot Super Sports had been getting great reviews from guys with big power, .... they don't make a 325/30R20, but they make a 335/30R20....and wider is always better...lol. There is a 325/30R20 Michelin Pilot cup road race tire, But I didnt want a road race tire

To run these tires, I would either have to get new rims or get mine widened. With our dollar so low and Me having expensive tastes in rims.....I decided widening my rims would be the best way to go. After some careful measuring, I decided to get my 20x11s widened to 11.75, which would be in spec to run the 335s ( 11.5-12.5).

I sent my rims to Weldcraft in Michigan to get widened and 6 weeks later I got them back.

IMAG0549_zpsxvc0huwe.jpg

The 335s are really wide......alot wider than the 325....but I read Michelins run wider than other tires
IMAG0522_zpsb7sdyvlj.jpg

here's a pic beside the 325...The 335 is .75 wider
IMAG0550_zpsusva0dhv.jpg
IMAG0553_zpsebbo0995.jpg

Mounted
IMAG0555_zpsxvnrao4k.jpg

Mounted width....sorry for bad pic...I was trying to hold the tape and snap a pic at the same time
IMAG0559_zpsx4aaqhul.jpg

Beside the front 255/35s
IMAG0561_zpsxvobkjbq.jpg

Mounted on the car.....fits like a glove. I really have to clean them
IMAG0556_zpsbh8ndmzd.jpg

To fit these, I removed the bump stop brackets and the shock dust boots. I have enough clearance that I can fit my fingers between the inner fender and the tire all the way around...I have small fingers though. The drivers side is also a bit more snug on my fingers, I will have to adjust my panhard bar a little bit.

It is still not nice enough to get the car out of storage yet so I cant road test them right now...but we finally got some nice weather this week and the snow is melting fast....I will try to get some pics from behind the car soon.

Edited by Dubbs

• 4 weeks later...

Do you know the back spacing of the widened wheel.

Looks great.

How does the height of the tire compare to stock. Is your speedo correct.

My stock tires were 285/35R19s...so they are about 1" taller......I did not correct the speedo.

I can check the backspacing next time they are off