TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I have a 2013 GT500. Salvage Title would SAI make it a Super Snake?

It's a Salvage title it was a stripped. I bought all factory ford parts to put it back to former glory. Runs drives like new only has 6000 miles. I wondered if SAI would make a salvage title into a Super Snake? Has SAI ever done Salvage titles? Been told they would just wondering

Take the money you would have spent on the SS conversion and build a nasty GT500 that you could show the taillights to a normal Super Snake. If you ever planned on reselling the car the salvage title would kill it as cmcmotorworks said. -Kevin

Agree mostly with above comments. If your dream is to own a SS, then by all means. If you are trying to build a car with high resale value, don't bother. Because I drive my SS so much on highway and road courses (55K miles), I have really put the quality of the build to the test. I have had to cash in on my warranty with SAI at least 4 times, ranging from glued items falling off to exploding pinion gears. To date SAI has been very good about taking care of the cost to fix, but it is still sad that the high performance package can't hold up to actual usage. Minus the CSM, you can do the entire SS build yourself, probably with better quality for a third the cost.

However, if you just have to have a SS with a CSM, do it. I love mine.

Because of the salvage title, I agree with the others who have commented.

As for the Super Snake build, I sent a new 2008 to Shelby back in late 2008, I have no regrets with the performance, fit and finish or current value 8 years later.

I have watched the Super Snake resale market closely since early 2009 when I received my car back from Las Vegas and one thing that has stood out to me is the fact that "if" I were to sell my car right now, the current selling value has kept the full Super Snake upgrade amount (or within a couple thousand or so) that I paid back in early 2009 in-tact while the GT500 value itself continues to decrease month by month, year by year.

For example, a well optioned, good color 2008 725 with low miles sells in the $60K, maybe $65K range, maybe high $50K's? and if the car is not a Super Snake an owner can expect $30K? or let's say $28K-$32K.

Taking $30K as an average for the current 2008 GT500 Coupe (non-Super Snake) as described above and adding the $31,995 that I spent for the 725 upgrade, I am still ahead of any "self install" parts that I could have done to the 725 level, or even higher. If I would have chosen to do a "Joe Lunchbox" GT500 to a Super Snake level instead of pulling the trigger with Shelby, the self install parts would be worth pennies on the dollar in comparison to what I got with a CSM.

As long as the 2007-2014 GT500's continue to depreciate, the value will continue to fall, the difference to calculate is what is the average resale value of a Super Snake of the same year, miles and options vs. a "like" non-Super Snake GT500?

Of course I know the cost of the Super Snake upgrade has gone up from the original costs, and so have the GT500's from the Ford showroom, but overall, the difference between Shelby installing the parts and the Super Snake CSM is miles apart in resale from a Joe Lunchbox GT500 build, and the resale price in most cases reflects this, no matter how much more power the Joe Lunchbox is...............

R

Edited by Robert M