TEAM SHELBY FORUM

RUFSTANG BIG WINNER AT THE SHOW

PONYKILLER

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please welcome PonyKiller to our family!

He and his wife recently relocated to Eastern North Carolina.

We're very glad they did.

PK is an ARMY guy - see Ruf's Garage for more details.

He and SB and a Z buddy (280 turbo) all caravanned to a show today.

All four of us landed Top 25's! :happy feet:

PK has had a very long and interesting career in the Army - so I'm looking foward to many great stories.

And - although he currently drives a...vette...he's had 5 Mustangs over the years.

Thanks for the pics, PK - and it's good to have you with us, you hear?

Ruf

Invaded by Vettes? Wrong. Chris invaded the bad guys in the Middle East.

Show some respect, Snoop.

This guy's got 20 years in the Army.

Who gives a crap what he drives now?

Ya think he's earned it? I do.

Thanks for the congrats on a Top 25.

You don't have to care about shows.

I do.

If you're my friend, you're happy when I'm successful.

And you don't have to like Vettes.

But you could refrain from talking smack about someone who happens to drive one. Especially someone who's put himself in harm's way to protect our freedoms.

This is an open forum. One need not have a Mustang to join up. It's our responsibility to make any car "person" welcome. That includes some non-biased positive comments.

Here's a new guy who's trying to make some new friends.

How do you treat him?

Like you're a snob.

Not very classy.

Edit: It's not what you drive - it's who you are.

We were all hangin' out today at the show.

PK & SB were just trying to stir the pot with the Chevy v Ford stuff.

PK almost closed a deal on a S197 - but got so turned off by the dealer, he went to the Dark Side.

They're both great car guys and friends.

You're gonna like 'em, Norm.

Well Ruf thanks for the defense but just so you guys know I was a die hard MUSTANG guy but alas the FORD salesman was a d1(k and ripoff artist. The GM guy wasn't. Over the years I had a 1986 GT, 1991 LX 5.0, 1992 GT, 1997 & 2000 GT (ATI procharged dynoed at 477 RWHP). So I can appreciate the Mustang. But it is no where the all around car the vette is. As far as not killin Ponies in the vette mine is daily driven not a garage queen so if ever you find yourself in Greenville, NC..... stop on by. :shift: I'm not much for conversation, more of a results oriented guy

Best to all.

Its OK SB they have been trying to give me a hard time but their WIT is about as quick as their cars. :hysterical2:

Welcome to the Forum PonyKiller. We are glad you found our little breakfast club. Now about that Vette. How do you think it will fair against a Shelby GT500 that has a CAI and a Pully swap ?

Congrats Ruf on your show results. That is cool. I had my car in it's 1st show today. It was just an informal gathering of muscle heads and sexy women! :)

I had a blast!

Badboy made me be Good! :hysterical:

Welcome to the Forum PonyKiller. We are glad you found our little breakfast club. Now about that Vette. How do you think it will fair against a Shelby GT500 that has a CAI and a Pully swap ?

I would be willing to line it up and see, but even if the stang wins theres always someone faster. Unless your running 4's at 300 in the 1/4 someone out there is faster. I just like cars and going fast. Was bikes when I was young now I keep it all on 4 wheels. I really am unfamiliar with what they did with the Mustang with S197. I know about the base HP and all, but they have really thrown alot of different packages in the mix. But alot of it even if you have John Force's funny car will come down to the driver. Theres alot of guys on ALL car sites talking smack about what their car will do on the dyno, but if you cant shift worth crap doesnt really matter how much HP you got.

PS I really dig the orange color of your car. I saw it for the first time in person about a month ago but it had the big dual silver shelby stripes very nice.

Congrats Ruf on your show results. That is cool. I had my car in it's 1st show today. It was just an informal gathering of muscle heads and sexy women! :)

I had a blast!

Badboy made me be Good! :hysterical:

I had mine in a charity show today too. The goddess gods were very good to my car but still only got a third in class and I even removed the NJ inspection sticker from the windshield plus the car was spotless. Got beat by a Termy again. post-5223-1182654882_thumb.jpg

post-5223-1182654882_thumb.jpg

I would be willing to line it up and see, but even if the stang wins theres always someone faster. Unless your running 4's at 300 in the 1/4 someone out there is faster. I just like cars and going fast. Was bikes when I was young now I keep it all on 4 wheels. I really am unfamiliar with what they did with the Mustang with S197. I know about the base HP and all, but they have really thrown alot of different packages in the mix. But alot of it even if you have John Force's funny car will come down to the driver. Theres alot of guys on ALL car sites talking smack about what their car will do on the dyno, but if you cant shift worth crap doesnt really matter how much HP you got.

PS I really dig the orange color of your car. I saw it for the first time in person about a month ago but it had the big dual silver shelby stripes very nice.

I agree with you. I just like the feel of the power and it is nice to show other cars who's boss. :)

I like the looks of the old Mopars. I had a 1973 Barricuda in 1986 and now that the Dodge Challenger is comming back...I think the Mustang is going to have more compitition. It's all good fun stuff.

I had mine in a charity show today too. The goddess gods were very good to my car but still only got a third in class and I even removed the NJ inspection sticker from the windshield plus the car was spotless. Got beat by a Termy again. post-5223-1182654882_thumb.jpg

At least you got a pic with the Hooter's girls. :happy feet:

Your lucky Blayne. I was not as lucky today! This snoop dog was trying to pee on my tire today. :finger:

You allways get all the good looking girls! :rant:

Some people misinterpret things on here a lot, I mean no disrespect to you whatsoever. I am here to talk Mustangs. I could care less what you do for a living, I welcome your input and the pics. I made one statement that I don't like Vettes, because I don't like Vettes, or any GM product for that matter. Sorry it got blown to this crap!! :angry2:

I don't like 'vettes either ...or golf shirts :hysterical:

That's why I drive a '92 ranger :hysterical2:

...it runs 9s (0-60) :superhero:

Archived