TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500SS goes 220.8 mph in Texas mile

• 3 months later...

What good is car if it can only go straight

How about a little enlightment and edification...

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.”

Care to look it up and see who said it? ...also, don't hesitate to post/let us know whenever you accomplish anything like it ...straight, turning, or otherwise... I will not hesitate to congratulate you in kind.

Be well,

Doc

• 2 weeks later...

Btw, you can't tell from the video, but that is a CONVERTIBLE SS. It is owned by a Texan, JW, and driven for this particular record run by Van Collier of Revan Racing. I was there, and these are the guys I get to hang out with twice a year! The record now has risen to 233 mph set just this March.

Oh, and the owner just got his confirmation for a new Ford GT, so we are really hoping to see that sometime soon!

• 2 months later...

What good is car if it can only go straight

Old but I'll say it, what the hell? It is 220.8 mph, who gives a rats ass about corners when your talking speed world records.

Now it's higher at 233 +++. Rush city USA!

Edited by SWEDEMAN