TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GTS V6 Build Numbers 2011-14

SAI-Steven

Wow I figured more had been built than that. Mine is supercharged, but after the fact lol

I was surprised at how the majority of them were built with no additional cost options. I'm sure more than a few folks wish they could still get a CSM numbered car for just $9,995 from SAI

Steve

I think a lot was left off on V-6 build breakdown . I had more option added . strut tower brace , A-pillar gauge pod , rear lower control arms ,

It would not make sense to clutter up a quick review build chart with one off items. For example one GTS owner purchased seats from the SAI ebay store and had them installed when their GTS was built, would it really make sense to add a line to all the build charts because of that odd-ball item? Same with your build, I believe you wanted a different gauge pod than others, is it really fair to others that all the build charts have the chart cluttered up with a gauge pod line just for your car?

Do we really need to see extra lines on the build chart showing what size jacket the owner received with their museum delivery? What about the car cover option, do we need another line to state if it was embroidered or not embroidered? If you notice these quick reference build charts do not denote the Ford options but those options are detailed in the Registry's internal build chart just like one off Shelby options you and I have mentioned.

Every GTS V6 was a one of one car and these quick reference build charts were never meant to replace the cars sales invoice or the Registry's internal database that would be able to verify a strut tower brace install if that item was ever questioned as being installed by SAI.

Hope this helps explain why things are done they way they are. Enjoy your one of one car.

Steve

Oh ok Steve I'm sorry got you mad

Not mad at all, you just seemed disappointed that your single car items weren't listed in a quick review build chart and instead of ignoring your post or saying that's just the way it is, I was trying to explain how these quick reference build charts could quickly get out of control.

Here's another couple of examples: one GTS owner had us modify a windshield banner and install it on their car, another owner had us modify their previously installed exhaust system, another owner had some trim installed around their interior map light, another owner requested that the front grille emblem not be installed and left in their cars trunk.

Again I'm pointing out these one-off items to show that these quick reference charts would get out of control with single car items and a decision has to be made on what to and not include.

Steve

Steve,

I want to say thank you for the great continuing efforts by you and SA to document our cars for the future! Also, to allow us, the enthusiast to see this great information. This is so much appreciated.

David

Edited by VorpalBunny

I think a lot was left off on V-6 build breakdown . I had more option added . strut tower brace , A-pillar gauge pod , rear lower control arms ,

I agree. We had the GTS interior added, after production, by Gary Disney and was told it would be added to the SAI records. Are these numbers correct though? We have the only cyclone convertible for 2011?

I agree. We had the GTS interior added, after production, by Gary Disney and was told it would be added to the SAI records. Are these numbers correct though? We have the only cyclone convertible for 2011?

I'm not sure what you mean by "cyclone convertible", if you would please provide more details.

Modification made to a car after it was built by SAI are not considered part of the build and would not be part of these build breakdowns but it can certainly be added to you cars Registry entry, perhaps that was meant when you were told "it would be added to SAI records".

Steve

Steven, Cyclone is the code name of the 3.7 V6 motor like the 5.0 is called the Coyote. He is surprised to find out his is the only V6 2011 'vert. With build numbers lower than we all anticipated, it's easy to see how we have pretty much all 1of 1 builds. Thanks for all your efforts on getting us the numbers!

Steven,

Thank you for posting our build numbers.

I'm truly surprised that 28 total where built. Looks like the 2012 Mustang was a good year model for the GTS. I wonder how many where actually built in 2012. I do think build dates would be cool to know.

Morgan19. Looks like we have the only two grabber blues out there. V6 anyways.

I do know that the build for both of the 2012 V6 50th Anniversary GTS models were started in October, 2012 and delivered in March, 2013. :-)

Looks like the 2012 Mustang was a good year model for the GTS. I wonder how many where actually built in 2012. I do think build dates would be cool to know.

Morgan19. Looks like we have the only two grabber blues out there. V6 anyways.

I placed both my deposit at Shelby American and my order from Ford in November 2011. My Mustang is a model year 2012. The car arrived at my home spring 2012.

Edited by PatentMan

Steven, I believe it was mentioned on another thread about a few GTS vehicles having had deposits put down, but you didn't think they had been delivered/built. Was this confirmed? Also, were those numbers included in this? Thanks my friend!

I was surprised at how the majority of them were built with no additional cost options. I'm sure more than a few folks wish they could still get a CSM numbered car for just $9,995 from SAI

Steve

I think that the low entry cost was the draw for many and am therefore surprised to see such low numbers on the builds. However, it wasn't a well publicized vehicle. I go to a lot of shows and people are always clueless as to what the GTS is and many think it's not a "real" Shelby until I school them. I wanted to have SAI do my SC upgrade, but didn't want to drop the additional money for it when I had the ability to do it myself for about 4k less. Ends up not having the pedigree of being factory SC'd, but still just as fun!

I think that the low entry cost was the draw for many and am therefore surprised to see such low numbers on the builds. However, it wasn't a well publicized vehicle. I go to a lot of shows and people are always clueless as to what the GTS is and many think it's not a "real" Shelby until I school them. I wanted to have SAI do my SC upgrade, but didn't want to drop the additional money for it when I had the ability to do it myself for about 4k less. Ends up not having the pedigree of being factory SC'd, but still just as fun!

I had one guy at a show google GTS and then tell me mine wasn't real because it was a V8. I pulled out the marketing flyer I always carry and educated him.

I think SAI never marketed the GTS program to the level it needed.

Edited by Al G.

Steven, I believe it was mentioned on another thread about a few GTS vehicles having had deposits put down, but you didn't think they had been delivered/built. Was this confirmed? Also, were those numbers included in this? Thanks my friend!

You may be thinking of the Signature Edition Super Snake. All GTS builds should be accounted for.

Steve