TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need Repair Shop Recommendation - 2010 GT500

cobra-sal

I have a 2010 GT500 which needs a clutch replacement and from what I read I should rep it replace it with a Mcleod RXT. Any thoughts on that? Also I am new to the Orange County, CA area and need a good and reasonable shop to do the work. Any suggestions? Ford is insane!

Thx

I can tell you that I replaced my clutch 4 years ago with the Mcleod RXTclutch and flywheel, and simply love it!!! It was a one and done thing for me. I had 506RWHP at the time and my stock clutch smoked like a camp fire in stop and go traffic, Ford's response was that it shouldn't be driven in stop and go traffic. What a joke, anyway over the years my HP has gone up and up, and the clutch has handled it with out skipping a beat. I now have over 754RWHP and the clutch is still awesome. The best part is if it goes there is a flat fee for re-build. I actually met a representative and had a long discussion with him prior to buying. Worth the money, nice to know that this part is built like a Sherman tank. Enjoy, and remember to break it in, which is harder then it sounds.

Mark :shift:

Just a question. You're in OC (me too). Mcleod is in Placentia, which is also in OC. Their website has a directory of dealers that install their products. Have you called Mcleod for recommendations?

Just a question. You're in OC (me too). Mcleod is in Placentia, which is also in OC. Their website has a directory of dealers that install their products. Have you called Mcleod for recommendations?

GTR has a great relationship with McLeod.

While they were disaseembling my car, they asked if I would like to go over to McLead and pick up the clutch. I jumped at the chance and McLeod let me watch as they put mine together.

I just dropped mine off for the very same thing. Having been in OC forever, I have no idea how I missed Erick Voss.

Trust me when I say that as soon as you pull in, you KNOW you are at the right spot. I will post up a follow up in a few days when I get

Mine back!!!

Mike

http://www.vossperf.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so the difference between the RXT and the stock crap is amazing. The pedal is actually lighter on this old knee than the stocker, buttery smooth, and hooks like a monster. New learning curve right now as to how it should have been from day one.

Also had the transmission oil changed out to Royal Purple. No more second gear grind at this point, and very positive shifts.

Kudos to Erick Voss at Voss Performance in Fullerton. He and Manny spent a ton of time on my car, and with McLeod. A true performance car guy that will settle for nothing less than excellence!

Good luck on yours

Mike