TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Have Shelby Will Travel

Left Birmingham Alabama early this morning (9:30) and drove west towards Memphis. Car starting to act funky and mileage dropped to 20MPG. When in idle mode even when it is hot she revs at 1100 RPM? Anyone have a clue? Gas prices dropped to $2.87 when we got to Mississippi. Wife drove 3 hours today-scary. Saw an armor truck robbery in front of a Foot Locker Store while passing through the north side of Memphis. We just saw the aftermath. Police running all over the place. Worst potholes on an interstate so far was on I-40 between Memphis and Little Rock,Arkansas.

Arrived in Little Rock and met up with our friends (Grier & Pat Corry) who then took us to their new home being built in Hot Springs on Lake Hamilton. Very neat town even though it is Bill Clinton's home town. Lots of our tax dollars are being used here to refurbish this town. We were however quite impressed and worth a visit in your lifetime. Lake was very busy with boaters. Had dinner at "The Wharf" on the waterfront.

http://www.hamiltonchamber.com/thelake.htm

Heading west tomorrow. Car is comfortable but this will be my last long road trip. Have not seen one Shelby in 5 states. Most mustangs come along side and honk. Quite a few speedsters trying to get me to race but I pick my fights carefully. A fully loaded unmodded Shelby has no business racing especially with my wife getting upset everytime I go over 110. Later......

Ya My Wife keeps pounding on My right arm every time I try to have some fun.

Getting so I don't want her to go if she keeps on spoiling all My fun.

You have a safe trip and keep the rubber side down. :superhero:

Archived