TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need help, please

I received my Shelby GT500 the end of April and it was noted that one rim was damaged in transit. The dealer ordered me a new rim. I went to have it put on today and it was damaged. The ordered replacement rim does not even seem to even be the same quality as the ones on my car, alot messier looking in the finish details and different finish. The ones on our cars come with a specially attached tire pressure sensor cable that is attached to the rim and date and time coded to the car build. The replacement rim comes with a cable in a box that is put on with a hose clamp fastener and is generic for any car. Looks like $%^& compared to the other 3 that will be on the car. My question is can I somehow order a rim with the cable attached as in the factory? How can this be done? It seems that there should be some replacement pieces for these cars from the line and not just some crummy rim and cable from the parts store. Thanks for any help any one can offer.

Have there parts department order the correct band that is used from the factory.

I would also have them order another rim if the one they got doesn't look right.

We ordered a set of rims to put on a GT Mustang and look identical to my rims and look great.

Maybe Ford sent a rim that was previously returned for the same reason you are having yours returned to be replaced?

Have there parts department order the correct band that is used from the factory.

I would also have them order another rim if the one they got doesn't look right.

We ordered a set of rims to put on a GT Mustang and look identical to my rims and look great.

Maybe Ford sent a rim that was previously returned for the same reason you are having yours returned to be replaced?

another rim is on order. they claim that the bands are not available, a factory item? hmmm, any place to get part numbers? the parts guy at the dealer says that is the correct band they sent?

Archived