TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Aftermarket CAI worth it on 11&12 GT500's?

Oman

I have a completely stock 2011 GT500 SVTPP and I've decided to do the pulley/idler/tune but can't decide if it is worth it to spend the extra $400 ish on the JLT CAI. I know our cars came with the factory CAI so I'm not sure if it is worth it at this power level. Anyone with some info or experience on this I would appreciate it. Its not a race car just looking for a fun street car. Thanks

I have a completely stock 2011 GT500 SVTPP and I've decided to do the pulley/idler/tune but can't decide if it is worth it to spend the extra $400 ish on the JLT CAI. I know our cars came with the factory CAI so I'm not sure if it is worth it at this power level. Anyone with some info or experience on this I would appreciate it. Its not a race car just looking for a fun street car. Thanks

I think it's very much worth it in the sense that, if you do it yourself, you not only get the therapeutic aspect, but you gain a sense of accomplishment and an immediate gratification for a job well done. It's hard to put a value on all of that !

your money is better spent elsewhere on the car. the OEM intake will easily support the max boost you'll be able to get from the stock supercharger at any pulley size. so unless you want to feel good about yourself for changing a part thst requires zero skill, nets no performance increase and looks great only when the hood is open, its absolutely not worth doing. again, an intake with a larger MAF will only be worth it with supporting mods and a much higher horsepower range.

• 1 year later...