TEAM SHELBY FORUM

7th Annual Legacy Bank Shelby Car Show

Torch Red Texan

This was another great car show. Texas Legacy Bank, Shelby Cobra Association of Texas, Aaron Shelby and the many volunteers from Texas Legacy Bank and SCAT put together another top notch event. There was a dinner the night before on Friday with Aaron Shelby and the folks from Shelby. SAI brought down their big truck and had a great display of Shelby's for everyone to look at. There was good food and a great band. The weather was great up until it started a light rain around 1pm.

Last year SCAT had a banquet at the Westin Hotel and I sure would like to see that brought back as part of this event. This was the 7th Texas Legacy Bank SCAT Shelby Car Show in Plano, Texas and it is just a well organized event. Check in was a breeze and the bank volunteers treated you very well. It is always nice to see old friends and sit around and shoot the breeze. I really enjoyed the new Shelby GT 350s there, especially Springer's. John's car was simply amazing. I can't think of one other car event of this type that is absolutely free of charge to participate in and attend.

I always look forward to driving in from Texarkana, AR to participate. I am already looking forward to next years event. Hopefully one of our members will post up some of the great pictures of the event. Several of us stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Plano, Texas. I would like to suggest we give some thought to a "hotel central" next year and make arrangements for an area to clean up our cars after a long drive in with a group rate. Dave Greer and I were thinking about maybe using the Westin as hotel central.

We have plenty of time and if enough of us get together, we might could secure a group booking rate. I know we had a lot of out of town visitors.

GG

Edited by TAPD117