TEAM SHELBY FORUM

7th Annual Legacy Bank Shelby Car Show

Torch Red Texan

Mark your calendars for June 11th. the 7th annual Legacy Texas Shelby Car Show. This is the one to attend. More info as it come out.

http://www.hotrod.com/features/history/stories/1602-talking-mustangs-cobras-car-shows-aaron-grandson-of-carroll-shelby/

Photos from the 2015 show.

http://s1194.photobucket.com/user/scottremy/library/2015/Legacy%20Bank%20Shelby%20Show

Zachman,

I will see you guys there again this year, already getting ready and making plans. Hopefully Springer will take us for a ride in his new GT 350. Lets pick a hotel close to the bank again. I have already asked my 14 month old granddaughter to check her social calendar for Saturday, June 11th to go with papaw again and ordering her a new Mustang T-Shirt.

If you have never attended, these folks at Texas Legacy Bank along with SCAT know how to put on an event and do it right. It is always my favorite show. Will be driving in from Texarkana, AR the day before to clean up my Shelby. As a side note, I should be retired also. That was a great article in hotrod about Aaron Shelby.

Regards.............. gg :yahoo:

I'll try to make a trip back to DFW for this. I'll likely be without the SGT, but then again, that drive would be some good bonding time with the car.

Homey, you come on back and I'll have a Shelby for you to drive. You just let me know.

P.S. Jason, I forgot all about the Shelby wheel. I'll be in touch.

Mark your calendars for June 11th. the 7th annual Legacy Texas Shelby Car Show. This is the one to attend. More info as it come out.

http://www.hotrod.com/features/history/stories/1602-talking-mustangs-cobras-car-shows-aaron-grandson-of-carroll-shelby/

Photos from the 2015 show.

http://s1194.photobucket.com/user/scottremy/library/2015/Legacy%20Bank%20Shelby%20Show

Wish they had this show when I lived in Plano. Miss that Texas BBQ and my favorite steakhouse Saltgrass

One concern any car guy in Plano should be aware of and anyone driving through there as I found out but it was too late, driving on Legacy and when crossing over Coit I think you better slow down your Shelby will bottom out and scrape the bottom big time. Those who live there you know what I'm talking about

Guys, this is Aaron Shelby's special event, and it's a can't miss. I will see you all there, and plan to bring something likely never seen at this show before! Which is saying a lot because if it has a Shelby name, you are likely to find it here!

For you out of towners like me, I stayed at a really awesome hotel last year right down the road with FANTASTIC suites, and cheap.

Courtyard Marriott

4901 W Plano Pkwy

Plano, TX 75093

United States

Full suite for 94.00

Living room, bedroom.

Full bar and hot breakfast. They also serve Starbucks.

Edited by DubbsFaris

Guys, this is Aaron Shelby's special event, and it's a can't miss. I will see you all there, and plan to bring something likely never seen at this show before! Which is saying a lot because if it has a Shelby name, you are likely to find it here!

For you out of towners like me, I stayed at a really awesome hotel last year right down the road with FANTASTIC suites, and cheap.

Courtyard Marriott

4901 W Plano Pkwy

Plano, TX 75093

United States

Full suite for 94.00

Living room, bedroom.

Full bar and hot breakfast. They also serve Starbucks.

I would sure like those of us from out of town to pick one hotel and park together and maybe meet the night before. gg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I registered last night. Interested in what hotel out of town folks are going to use this year. I am thinking about the Westin, which is close to Legacy Bank. Will be coming in Friday afternoon to clean up my car and get ready for the show. Will see everyone there............ gg

I'm staying at the Courtyard Marriott in like last year- sub 100.00 rooms with living room, bedroom suites , and free breakfast and Starbucks along with a hotel bar for hanging out Friday night.

4901 W Plano Pkwy

Plano, TX 75093

United States

Edited by DubbsFaris

• 1 month later...

Long time no see guys! Well, I don't own a Shelby car any more, but wife and I are planning on making a trip to Dallas to be there on the 11th...We will crash the party with our 2015 Scat Pack Challenger...nah, we won't crash anything, but we will be there and hope to see some old friends there! Shoot me a text at 432-703-2022 if you are going to be there...don't rag on me too bad for making a switch to a Dodge...you know, Carroll did some work with Dodge too back in his days...

I registered last night. Interested in what hotel out of town folks are going to use this year. I am thinking about the Westin, which is close to Legacy Bank. Will be coming in Friday afternoon to clean up my car and get ready for the show. Will see everyone there............ gg

Several of us our staying with reservations at the Holiday Inn Express on the Tollway in Plano, Texas close to the show. If anyone has not made reservations yet............. gg

• 2 weeks later...