TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Question: Estimate X-Plan price

Five Oh B or ISELLFORD -

Can you help me estimate what X-Plan would be on an MSRP of $42K. This is not to settle a court case nor is it meant to have any binding effect on anyone. I'd just like a close ballpark to make sure I'm getting the right number from the dealer.

Heres what I think I understand: 1.) The price to me is approximately invoice +/- $50. Using the percentages from an 06 Mustang GT, assuming an MSRP of $42K, what would approximate invoice be if the same percentages held true for the GT500. 2.) Ford provides some money to the dealer to augment what he 'loses' to some degree. Again, based on an 06 Mustang GT on X-Plan, approximately how much would Ford give the dealer to augment his 'loss' by selling at X-Plan.

Not trying to be cagey, or coy. Not looking to hold anyone's feet to the fire. Just want to be an informed consumer. And, frankly, if X-Plan is not available, I want to formulate what my offer to the dealer might be given he was willing to accept X-Plan originally.

Thanks for any help from you two. Like many others, I appreciate you being straight shooters. I don't expect the dealer to give me anything for free - he's got to make money. I also want to make an informed decision how much to allow him before I look around to another dealer. I'm not counting pennies, but I won't give away thousands either.

Five Oh B or ISELLFORD -

Can you help me estimate what X-Plan would be on an MSRP of $42K. This is not to settle a court case nor is it meant to have any binding effect on anyone. I'd just like a close ballpark to make sure I'm getting the right number from the dealer.

Heres what I think I understand: 1.) The price to me is approximately invoice +/- $50. Using the percentages from an 06 Mustang GT, assuming an MSRP of $42K, what would approximate invoice be if the same percentages held true for the GT500. 2.) Ford provides some money to the dealer to augment what he 'loses' to some degree. Again, based on an 06 Mustang GT on X-Plan, approximately how much would Ford give the dealer to augment his 'loss' by selling at X-Plan.

Not trying to be cagey, or coy. Not looking to hold anyone's feet to the fire. Just want to be an informed consumer. And, frankly, if X-Plan is not available, I want to formulate what my offer to the dealer might be given he was willing to accept X-Plan originally.

Thanks for any help from you two. Like many others, I appreciate you being straight shooters. I don't expect the dealer to give me anything for free - he's got to make money. I also want to make an informed decision how much to allow him before I look around to another dealer. I'm not counting pennies, but I won't give away thousands either.

A/X/Z plan is not available for GT500. Is available on V6 and GT, but most dealers won't sell a GT manaul for A/X plan.....too hard to get. Best deal you would get on GT500 would be MSRP. The car is in too much demand.

Three Cobras, (I went back and pulled a real invoice & #'s for a $42K rig that we have here today).....

If MSRP is $42K, then invoice will be about $37,550. As you stated, X-plan is roughly +/- $50 of that figure (likely a bit higher - I think a $43K invoice is a breakeven point for X-plan), so X-plan will be about $37,600 if the MSRP is $42K. X-plan commission from Ford to the dealer on the rig I looked up was just over $600. That would mean the dealer gets a total of roughly $38,200 for doing an X-plan on this $42K MSRP rig. So - if you can't get X-plan and are shooting for a comparable # (since your PL doesn't affect allocation for the dealer anyway), that should be about right.

A/X/Z plan is not available for GT500. Is available on V6 and GT, but most dealers won't sell a GT manaul for A/X plan.....too hard to get. Best deal you would get on GT500 would be MSRP. The car is in too much demand.

Ford hasn't really ruled out plan pricing on this car. In fact, it appears that Ford is making it available on plan pricing, but good luck finding a dealer to honor a plan price on a GT500 at this point in time. Here's the list of eligible X-plan vehicles from Ford currently: All new 2005/2006/2007-Model Ford Car, SUV and Truck through F-350 and E-Series (Excl. Ford GT).

When Mustang GT's were pre-sold out months in advance here we didn't honor plan pricing, as we didn't have enough GT's for the regular-paying customers. However, we've been selling new Mustang GT's on plan pricing to qualified buyers for about the last 6 months. There are finally enough GT's (and at long last manual GT's) to do so.

Five Oh B -

Thanks for the estimate, I appreciate it. If we weren't on opposite coasts, I'd work with you (off line of course) to see if a deal could be done. LOng way to drive back, though. That's my way of saying I would put my money where my mouth is and deal with someone who shoots straight. As I've said before, shooting straight and being honest does not mean selling stuff at a loss just to gain 'respect'. Just means means dealing straight. Thanks.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ May 2 2006, 09:51 AM) 10144[/snapback]

Three Cobras, (I went back and pulled a real invoice & #'s for a $42K rig that we have here today).....

If MSRP is $42K, then invoice will be about $37,550. As you stated, X-plan is roughly +/- $50 of that figure (likely a bit higher - I think a $43K invoice is a breakeven point for X-plan), so X-plan will be about $37,600 if the MSRP is $42K. X-plan commission from Ford to the dealer on the rig I looked up was just over $600. That would mean the dealer gets a total of roughly $38,200 for doing an X-plan on this $42K MSRP rig. So - if you can't get X-plan and are shooting for a comparable # (since your PL doesn't affect allocation for the dealer anyway), that should be about right.

Ford hasn't really ruled out plan pricing on this car. In fact, it appears that Ford is making it available on plan pricing, but good luck finding a dealer to honor a plan price on a GT500 at this point in time. Here's the list of eligible X-plan vehicles from Ford currently: All new 2005/2006/2007-Model Ford Car, SUV and Truck through F-350 and E-Series (Excl. Ford GT).

When Mustang GT's were pre-sold out months in advance here we didn't honor plan pricing, as we didn't have enough GT's for the regular-paying customers. However, we've been selling new Mustang GT's on plan pricing to qualified buyers for about the last 6 months. There are finally enough GT's (and at long last manual GT's) to do so.

We won't have plan pricing on GT500

Archived