TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What kind of deal did you get?

I was wondering what kind of deal is everyone getting before I even try to make my deal? How much over MSRP? Thanks!

I am the odd ball of the bunch. I live in the NW where GT500's are 25k over MSRP. After calling LOTS of dealerships and driving 5300 miles, I bought my GT500 in Houston TX and trailered it back home. I paid 10K over MSRP and the dealership was awesome. Call lots of dealers till you find the deal you like, don't ever give up. :)

Good luck

I will be the third to say MSRP, but I think we are the only three thus far that I am aware of, and we were in the right place at the right time. Having started a similar thread here just a short while ago, I would say if you can get at 5K over, you are in good company. That is about as rock bottom as you should expect as most dealers are still in the 10-15K over and getting that. If you are just started looking I would say the MSRP deals if any are well gone and the 5K deals are close, so you best get at it!

I will be the third to say MSRP, but I think we are the only three thus far that I am aware of, and we were in the right place at the right time. Having started a similar thread here just a short while ago, I would say if you can get at 5K over, you are in good company. That is about as rock bottom as you should expect as most dealers are still in the 10-15K over and getting that. If you are just started looking I would say the MSRP deals if any are well gone and the 5K deals are close, so you best get at it!

Make that four. Ordered mine at MSRP this Tuesday (6/19), and still waiting for a build date. I've known the dealer (personal friend) for years, and was offered the Ford GT at MSRP last year, but couldn't see spending that kind of money for a toy. Told him I'd take the same deal on a Shelby, but he already had commitments on his 07 allocation. So when he got notification on an 08, I jumped on it.

Wow, that is great... does anyone know how to start a poll like thjey did for the 2007 pricing? I recall there was one that showed what everyone was paying! It was a survey. They would be cool and probaly much better than reading.

As for MSRP, I still feel those that got these deals were either in line for 2007, knew someone, or knew someone who knew someone! I think an average Joe walking into a dealer would never get that, maybe 5k over, but not MSRP. You guys agree?

MSRP + $750

My deal was locked in back in April of 06

Had it been after July of 06 I would have ended up paying $15K over after everyone seen what the market was bringing on these.

I think all the MSRP deals were made in early 06 before this car ever came out. And those with MSRP deals on any 08's were those that got them early in 06 and had to wait for an 08 because there dealers sold their 07 allocations already. They are the lucky ones where their dealers kept their word and honored their agreements to sell them one at MSRP.

So those that got MSRP deals should post the month and year they actually made their deal, not just when they ended up getting their car or were able to order it.

So everyone responding should also post WHEN they actually made their deal. Not when they got the car or ordered the car, but when the dealer agreed to sell them the car at MSRP.

MSRP + $750

Had it been after July of 06 I would have ended up paying $15K over after everyone seen what the market was bringing on these.

I think all the MSRP deals were made in early 06 before this car ever came out. And those with MSRP deals on any 08's were those that got them early in 06 and had to wait for an 08 because there dealers sold their 07 allocations already. They are the lucky ones where their dealers kept their word and honored their agreements to sell them one at MSRP.

So those that got MSRP deals should post the month and year they actually made their deal, not just when they ended up getting their car or were able to order it.

So everyone responding should also post WHEN they actually made their deal. Not when they got the car or ordered the car, but when the dealer agreed to sell them the car at MSRP.

I have my date in my sig. I actually made 2 deals within about 4 days of each other for MSRP. The other deal fell victim to the allocation change for 2008. I was 3rd and they got reduced to 2 for 2008.

To be clear, both of these dealers sold all of their GT500s at MSRP.

Gotta admit though, there are a lot more of them showing up on here at 5 or less than one would expect. Maybe the steam is finally running out on the over-inflated market.

I do not thik the steam is running out as much as I think most who did get a deal at 5 or less where on a long list from last year, or somehow got a "who you know" deal. I doubt someone looking for one today, just fresh to the hunt, will find these deals! Just my .02.

I have my date in my sig. I actually made 2 deals within about 4 days of each other for MSRP. The other deal fell victim to the allocation change for 2008. I was 3rd and they got reduced to 2 for 2008.

To be clear, both of these dealers sold all of their GT500s at MSRP.

Gotta admit though, there are a lot more of them showing up on here at 5 or less than one would expect. Maybe the steam is finally running out on the over-inflated market.

We got our deal January 2006 with a $1000 deposit for MSRP and will be getting a 2008

MSRP + $750

6/2006 for MSRP.

Dealer sold all his GT500's for MSRP.

That goes with what I have stated, these MSRP deals are from last year, on a list, or sealed a deal with a dealer doing all deals at MSRP. These are no indication of falling prices, just long waits with commitments! Others new to the hunt should not base their hopes on sealing MSRP deals and run with a 5k over deal in a heart beet!

I made 11 different calls to dealers in new hampshire and Massachusettes , at all ends of each state, and can not touch an 08 at msrp. Some are still asking as much as 20k over. I was laughed at when I mentioned msrp. If you find them at msrp, it must be a geographical thing. Some of these dealers are actually reputable dealers. i will wait for my 2007 to arrive at 7500.00

Archived