TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SVToA/Shelby Owners on-track event

Sounds like a great event! ...too bad it's in Utah!!! (Ooo, ooo, Moabman, we could visit Canyonlands too!!! :hyper: ;-)

Ford Media release: FORD RACING & SVT REV UP FOR 'SVTOA EXPERIENCE III' JULY 6-9 AT UTAH'S MILLER MOTORSPORTS PARK. Note under the 5th bullet: SVT engineers to offer participants hot laps in SVT development prototypes :woohoo: We know they've been working on a car and a truck ;-)

SAAC-32 Update (as of 5/24)

Dan

Sounds like a great event! ...too bad it's in Utah!!! (Ooo, ooo, Moabman, we could visit Canyonlands too!!! :hyper: ;-)

Ford Media release: FORD RACING & SVT REV UP FOR 'SVTOA EXPERIENCE III' JULY 6-9 AT UTAH'S MILLER MOTORSPORTS PARK. Note under the 5th bullet: SVT engineers to offer participants hot laps in SVT development prototypes :woohoo: We know they've been working on a car and a truck ;-)

SAAC-32 Update (as of 5/24)

Dan

Is this an annual event? I most likely won't have my car in time for this year.

Jim

Holey moley!!! Check out this release from Ford Media this afternoon. check out the SVT in-development car you can take for a spin!!! If that's not the Boss prototype I don;'t know what is!!!

Anyone who goes to this event has to find out what engine is lurking beneath and any details of any kind!!!! P_L_E_A_S_E!! :happy feet:

Holey moley!!! Check out this release from Ford Media this afternoon. check out the SVT in-development car you can take for a spin!!! If that's not the Boss prototype I don;'t know what is!!!

Anyone who goes to this event has to find out what engine is lurking beneath and any details of any kind!!!! P_L_E_A_S_E!! :happy feet:

Dan ,I read this on Blue Oval news.......

Blue II

View Member Profile

Find Member's Posts Jun 16 2007, 06:01 PM Post #2

BlueOval New Member

Group: Blue Oval Members

Just some bits of info I ran across today.What do you think?

Switching gears for a moment. There was a 7 liter Hurricane powered Mustang out at Milan Dragway today. It is code named 777, 7 liter, 700 HP @ 7000 rpm. It is just an engineering exercise so don't get overly excited. It ran 9.20's @ 3300 lbs. Not bad for a two valve SOHC, no turbo, no DI.

Dan ,I read this on Blue Oval news.......

Blue II

View Member Profile

Find Member's Posts Jun 16 2007, 06:01 PM Post #2

BlueOval New Member

Group: Blue Oval Members

Just some bits of info I ran across today.What do you think?

Switching gears for a moment. There was a 7 liter Hurricane powered Mustang out at Milan Dragway today. It is code named 777, 7 liter, 700 HP @ 7000 rpm. It is just an engineering exercise so don't get overly excited. It ran 9.20's @ 3300 lbs. Not bad for a two valve SOHC, no turbo, no DI.

:happy feet: :headspin::drop:

thanks, George, ...now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout! ;-)

For those who want to browse some more....

...here's a link to the above quote.

...here's a link to a listing of posts by Blue II on "Boss." Starting to sound like the H/Boss in the 'stang may be dead but Roush is developing a the 7.0L motor (dunno).

There certainly is no shortage of bullet-proof alloy aftermarket FE-improved engines out there, but a major development program for a production motor is a whole 'nother ballgame. (I still can't put out of my mind the FE-units that Shelby's engine builder in Gardena, CA is making for the Cobras :drop: )

Also, fwiw, this is a pic of a 2V 'hemi' that was posted by an engineer-type at BOF some eight months ago in a discussion of an H/Boss 2V (...being able to breath just fine if the bore is over 4.25" or so but needing 2 plugs for emissions...) I don't know what motor it actually is from and have not been able to find that source since... but I saved the pic...

post-4902-1182619042_thumb.jpg

post-4902-1182619042_thumb.jpg

Archived