TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally! Can you say lower?

moabman

• 2 weeks later...

Sheeesh... Give the guy a digital camera and you create a monster. :hysterical2: As soon as we get a break in the weather and I get my new fascia and spoiler installed I promise I'll get some pictures. i'm still trying to decide if I want to take the GT badging off. Well, more accurately, I wanto to take it off but I'm trying to decide if I want to bad enough to have the bodywork done to fill the holes and paint. I really like the cleaner look you have on the rufstang. Clean, simple, and fast :superhero:

Thanks.

Get ready for some sticker shock. My bodyshop told me they'd have to paint both fenders if they took off the badges. Only reason they're off now is The Wall! An alternative is to take the badges off and have them painted black.

What new fascia and spoiler?? :rant:

The California Special fascia and the GT500 duck tail spoiler. I like the lower profile of the duck tail over the pedestal wing spoiler I've got now. The CS front fascia has a little chin spoiler built in and is also the fascia they use on the Shelby GTs.

gt102-1024.jpg

Sorry Ruf but the parts are at the body shop and we've continued to get deluge after deluge. If it clears a little tomorrow, I'll get some picture with the new meaner, lower look. I took it out for a drive for about 30 minutes today before the rain rolled in again and I really do love the new suspension and handling. :superhero:

I spent about 2 hours yesterday afternoon washing and detailing my Mustang and was driving it over to the parking lot to get your pictures when it started raining again :censored:. My new spoiler and front bumper cover are not painted yet (I just called) but should be sometime this week. It looks almost identical to orfs car as far as the stance goes but perhaps a smidgeon lower. Thanks for asking and if it stops raining today, I'll go out this evening and get some shots. :superhero:

To be accurate, it looks stock except for the stance. You can't see the 3.73s or the headers or the CAI and inlet tube or the 5GT mufflers unless I have the hood open :waiting: However, I love the ride :superhero: When I first drove it after the handling pack was installed and I drove over some normal roads, I thought I might have made a mistake because the difference was very noticeable. I love that feeling now and am really glad I did it.

It will look a little better when I get the front fascia and duck tail spoiler on. I want to simplify the look more in line with the Rufstang. Wish I could take the GT badging off easily. I would like to take the driving lights off but leave the galloping pony.

• 1 month later...

Hey - Thanks for the photo help! I love the spoiler and fascia. I've got an idea about the GT badges. I think I can get to the nuts holding it on by removing the rear fender well liner. If I can, what do you guys think about painting them black and reinstalling them? I wouldn't have to fill the holes and repaint the fender! I would prefer the classic Ruf look but the $300 I save can go toward a X-pipe to compliment the Whipple :happy feet:

Archived