TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Armrest Cover

I just received a letter from MossMustang that the Shelby Armrest covers which had been back ordered will not be shipped. They said they put them in their catalog before seeing the product. They say it is of poor quality and they will not sell them? I see them now in the Shelby Store

http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/ShowItem/100456.aspx

Has anyone purchased one and if so how are they? I was told in the letter that they are distorted when stretched on the existing cover?

I just received a letter from MossMustang that the Shelby Armrest covers which had been back ordered will not be shipped. They said they put them in their catalog before seeing the product. They say it is of poor quality and they will not sell them? I see them now in the Shelby Store

http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/ShowItem/100456.aspx

Has anyone purchased one and if so how are they? I was told in the letter that they are distorted when stretched on the existing cover?

I got the same e-mail from them. It also said that they were sorry and that they had another product that they could send us at a 20% discount for our troubles. The product looked nice. $39.95 our cost for the trouble they caused us.

When I talked to SAI a few months ago about when these were going to be available they said there was a problem with them and didn't like the way they turned out. They were working on a different cover that was going to look even nicer. That was suppose to be ready the following month but they never appeared available.

Now they show them on their new site but they appear to look identical to the one at moss.

So who knows!

I hear you Badboy. I need a lazyboy-type cushion so that when I am driving and using Mastermechs breastpump, I am at full comfort! It also needs to be the right height for my TV so I don't miss anything.

In reality, I am not sure I like the style of the new cover and will wait for Grabber to give me a report.

Thanks for this thread, I was about to pull the trigger on that piece. I too was wondering why a cover and not a new armrest altogether.

Read the install instructions for this cover, Spray adhesive, pulling, stretching. trimming (WTF)

Seems like a lot of B/S to go thru.

I would rather have a replacement arm rest to swap out.

JMO

Alan

Shelby Performance parts sent me an email regarding their Shelby armrest cover. I asked them if it would be available in the "Tiffany" snake (as it should be) and here is what they said..."we have no plans to make a tiffany snake console cover. thanks"

I guess I have NO PLANS to buy one then.

Shelby Performance parts sent me an email regarding their Shelby armrest cover. I asked them if it would be available in the "Tiffany" snake (as it should be) and here is what they said..."we have no plans to make a tiffany snake console cover. thanks"

WHAT is a "Tiffany" snake?

Well its a little late to not have any plans to produce one. they already have. Its shown and included on the SuperSnake. SAI at MidAmerica specificly said it would be available with or without the supersnake lettering under it.

Well its a little late to not have any plans to produce one. they already have. Its shown and included on the SuperSnake. SAI at MidAmerica specificly said it would be available with or without the supersnake lettering under it.

Can anyone else help out on this subject?

Well that's what I thought. However Keith at Shelby Performance parts says the only one they have is the one shown on their website (and it's not the Tiffany snake). They have the headrest cover available in both snakes, but not the console cover.

Well that's what I thought. However Keith at Shelby Performance parts says the only one they have is the one shown on their website (and it's not the Tiffany snake). They have the headrest cover available in both snakes, but not the console cover.

The tiffany snake on the center armrest exists. I saw it first hand on the SS at Mid America. They stated repeatedly that it would be available once the SS parts are available for sale later this fall. Don't know what more to say. But I for one do not want parts with the wrong logo on my car. The current offering is not correct for a GT500 and looks pretty stupid on the car.

The tiffany snake on the center armrest exists. I saw it first hand on the SS at Mid America. They stated repeatedly that it would be available once the SS parts are available for sale later this fall. Don't know what more to say. But I for one do not want parts with the wrong logo on my car. The current offering is not correct for a GT500 and looks pretty stupid on the car.

Apparently that's the key..."when the SS parts are available for sale later this fall". I agree that the one Shelby Perf parts sells is stupid looking and it won't be going on my car.

Apparently that's the key..."when the SS parts are available for sale later this fall". I agree that the one Shelby Perf parts sells is stupid looking and it won't be going on my car.

Later this fall.............................. :hysterical2:

If you leaned on it long enough, when you got out, wouldn't you have a snake on your forearm? :hysterical2:

And if it's a Tiffany snake, let's just call Tiffany's, the price is probably less and no wait :hysterical2::hysterical:

And no, I won't be getting one either.

post-8954-1182827414_thumb.jpgFor what it's worth - I know a lot of you don't like this cover but here's a pic of mine installed.

The matche looks great.

How long did it take to install?

Was it hard to do?

I read the instructions and it seemed a bit much!

Please post a photo of the under side.

post-8954-1182827414_thumb.jpgFor what it's worth - I know a lot of you don't like this cover but here's a pic of mine installed.

LOOKS SWEET!!! I wasn't going to buy one, this may have changed my mind. As too the comment about too many Shelby Logo's, I like the retro thing. Look how many times you see the Cobra or Shelby logos on a '68 GT500. The arm rest is one of those places.

How is the color match? Yours seems to be Black in color in that photo as to where our cars come with Charcoal Black (has a tint of gray in it) from the factory. And I agree with grabber, more photos of the under side & what were you thoughts during the install.

Don't have time now but will take if off when I get home tonight and get a pic of the underside. Upholstery is not my field of expertise so I had my son-in-law do it - he has an upholstery shop. The original cover can be saved and reinstalled if you want to put it back to stock - there is no adhesive on it - it's held on with small staples. It took him an hour to do it and he charges $50.00 an hour for labor so that'll give you a ballpark figure for labor should you want to have someone do it. The color is a little darker but not really that noticeable to me (but I'm 67 so my eyes may not be the most reliable).

Archived