TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby/Wilwood Brakes fit 40mm Razor Wheels

My friend installed my Shelby brakes today and they actually fit the Razor's with the 40 mm offset! A lot of us here, including me, were unsure if it would work. I am very happy, but I did have 3/16 spacers just in case. There is close to 1/2 inch between the caliper and rim. The Wilwoods do sit back a little further on the hub than most big brakes. Here are a few pictures.

Nick

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

My friend installed my Shelby brakes today and they actually fit the Razor's with the 40 mm offset! A lot of us here, including me, were unsure if it would work. I am very happy, but I did have 3/16 spacers just in case. There is close to 1/2 inch between the caliper and rim. The Wilwoods do sit back a little further on the hub than most big brakes. Here are a few pictures.

Nick

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

So really you could remove the spacers? In the second photo is that disc directional arrow stamped in the rotor?

I am not using any spacers at all. I had them just in case. The first time we put the wheel on I put two spacers on, then one spacer on just to check clearance. Yes, that is the directional arrow. I believe I read somewhere they would only fit 20 inch wheels only, but they never mentioned the offset. I would call Wilwood to check though. Thanks for your comments!

Nick