TEAM SHELBY FORUM

rear deck lid of the 08' will be S H E L B Y?

SLB8SNK

Glad it was not only me ha ha! But Grabber even the three other photos posted, including yours, shows difference variances between letters. Take a good luck and reference the tail lights on each. Although very close, all different. I guess it really does not matter much so long as they are equally spaced and referenced off center some how, as no matter what they are a mod, right?

Glad it was not only me ha ha! But Grabber even the three other photos posted, including yours, shows difference variances between letters. Take a good luck and reference the tail lights on each. Although very close, all different. I guess it really does not matter much so long as they are equally spaced and referenced off center some how, as no matter what they are a mod, right?

Personally, I like the spacing used on the KR better. There are dimensions posted in the SAI forum for that car. Used them on mine and think they look great. The SS is the same.

25.4mm or 2.54cm to the inch... so the letters are about 4.0 inches (102mm) apart... you might be able to use the taillights as a guide for the S and Y and space the others accordingly?

KR spacing is 3.5 inches apart leter to letter(from end of letter to beginning of the next one)

Start first by finding center of trunk

post-6294-1182542716_thumb.jpg

That does look good. But at 3.5 end to end, would that not be almost the same as 4 center to center as someone else mentioned?

Very close but no not the same just checked(it would actually be 3 inches from start of letter to other if from center of letter is 4 inch center to center of letters

just gave measurements I used which is a little different

Sorry 4 inch center to center of letters would only leave 2 inches in between letters

would be way to close to each other (leterrs are 2 inch wide)

KR spacing is 3.5 inches apart leter to letter(from end of letter to beginning of the next one)

Start first by finding center of trunk

I likey the spacing in your pic, Jim ...looking good!!

<edit:> the 4.0" (102mm) between letters was from Grabber's pic.

Who is going to be the first to run with no letters whatsoever.

You know...the less is more theary!

This would cut down on the installation time too!

:idea:

The undercover stealth look.

....or :idea: you can rearrange the letters: let's see... B_L_E_S_H_Y or S _H_E_B_L_Y or S_H_Y_B_L_E :hysterical2: see if anyone notices :hysterical:

When we were kids my friend's dad bought a new ('57?) Desoto (unique tranny... you rode the clutch out in first and then it shifted the other gears automatically!). When they picked up from the dealer no one noticed that the name, in chrome letters was: E_D_S_O_T_O :hysterical2: Must have been built on a Friday before a holiday!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived