TEAM SHELBY FORUM

rear deck lid of the 08' will be S H E L B Y?

SLB8SNK

You mean like this?

If Ford pulls the stripe-work in-house it would seem to be no prob, but I haven't heard anything besides rumors -- stripes were supposed be puled-in for job-2, but never happened. If it did they could paint 'em :headspin: ;-)

You mean like this?

I think this looks much better than stock. This would take Ford an extra 15 minutes to do. I hope they make the change. However it does not matter to me because I have it done allready. :yup:

Ford's original reasoning for not spreading the letters was concern that the letters would not stay adhered over the stripes long enough to be covered by warranty. Which is dumb.

Lessons learned :hysterical2:

I love the look and I know many have already done it. The fact that I am getting a vert, the stripes do not come into play. For those that already did this, am I to assume you just peeled off them off and re-adhered them? or do you have to buy new ones? What is the simplest way to do this? Also, if anyone can confirm the change, that would be better!!!!

I love the look and I know many have already done it. The fact that I am getting a vert, the stripes do not come into play. For those that already did this, am I to assume you just peeled off them off and re-adhered them? or do you have to buy new ones? What is the simplest way to do this? Also, if anyone can confirm the change, that would be better!!!!

I bought new ones but did not use them. Heat slightly with a blow dryer and use a plastic putty knife & or strong fishing line. Lay it out with blue tape. Here is the dimensions.

So that is it? Blow dryer, plastic knife, remove and re-apply? You do not need additional adhesives? So all I need to do is lay it out, remove, replace? How long did it take you? Wow, if that is all it takes, then I will not be surprised if Ford does not do it! and regardless then I will.

So that is it? Blow dryer, plastic knife, remove and re-apply? You do not need additional adhesives? So all I need to do is lay it out, remove, replace? How long did it take you? Wow, if that is all it takes, then I will not be surprised if Ford does not do it! and regardless then I will.

Yep...that's it.

Rocket science.

Ford's original reasoning for not spreading the letters was concern that the letters would not stay adhered over the stripes long enough to be covered by warranty. Which is dumb.

I read that it was because they moved the 3rd brake light on the prototype from the spoiler to the trunk on the production models. I challenge all of you to move your brake lights back from the trunk to the spoiler. Then change the SHELBY lettering just like the prototype Shelby. It has been done before by one of our members, see attached picture (although the light seems to be missing, sorry):

Shelby_rear.JPG

Shelby_rear.JPG

Only bad thing is that your layout does not give a central point of reference without stripes! On the Vert harder to do!

you could use the faux gas cap key hole surround

...and they probably didn't want to outsource more $$ to the striping plant to apply the letters since there's essentially 0-cost to do it on the line within the standard build interval.

If indeed they are 4 inches apart, then I can see where you can possibly get a center point of reference and work backwards off that. Did I get that correct? If so, that makes it easy!

Yeah, check the pic in Grabber's post (#9) ...he's showing them 102mm apart.

Is that the spacing for the SGT or GT500?

The letters on the SGT are much smaller than the ones on the GT500 and are spaced different from each other.

I think those are the S-GT.

Good point!

I don't know that there is any official spacing for the GT500 -- maybe for the SS?

Is that the spacing for the SGT or GT500?

The letters on the SGT are much smaller than the ones on the GT500 and are spaced different from each other.

I believe this is the letter spacing for the Shelby GT (using the smaller letters).

GT_Rear.jpg

“S H E L BY“

Center to center(center line down the middle of each letter) The letters are 4 1/2 between each letter

From the center of the trunk to the center of the "S" is 10

3/4 ""

From The center of the trunk to the center of the "y" is 10 3/4"

From the center of the S to the center of the Y, is 21 1/2"

GT_Rear.jpg

Even on the photo you supply with the Shelby GT the lettering is off! Take a look at the S and the Y and reference the stripe? Then look at the H and the B and reference the light? They look shifted to me and it looks like that car is in the showroom?

I believe this is the letter spacing for the Shelby GT (using the smaller letters).

post-5174-1182482804_thumb.jpg

“S H E L BY“

Center to center(center line down the middle of each letter) The letters are 4 1/2 between each letter

From the center of the trunk to the center of the "S" is 10

3/4 ""

From The center of the trunk to the center of the "y" is 10 3/4"

From the center of the S to the center of the Y, is 21 1/2"

Who ever did that installation needs some glasses.

It's off considerably. :finger:

Archived