TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SHELBY GT vert MSRP?

cwilder

I am considering ordering the GT vert and may be able to get at MSRP. What would MSRP be on the Shelby GT vert? Also, for any one who has one what options did you get on yours? I like the Vista Blue/vert stripe combo and may pull the trigger on this. Laslty, didn't someone compare the GT to the 500? I thought they had both and gave a breakdown of the diffrences?

Thanks,

CW

I am considering ordering the GT vert and may be able to get at MSRP. What would MSRP be on the Shelby GT vert? Also, for any one who has one what options did you get on yours? I like the Vista Blue/vert stripe combo and may pull the trigger on this. Laslty, didn't someone compare the GT to the 500? I thought they had both and gave a breakdown of the diffrences?

Thanks,

CW

I have both and there is a thread on here with the comparisons. They are both great cars. The 500 is a vert. Almost all that see both like the SGT better. It has better curb appeal but not the beastiality of the 500. I'll see if I can locate that thread.

I have both and there is a thread on here with the comparisons. They are both great cars. The 500 is a vert. Almost all that see both like the SGT better. It has better curb appeal but not the beastiality of the 500. I'll see if I can locate that thread.

Thanks for the reply. Did you pay MSRP for your SGT?

If you are considering a Shelby GT vert, I would snap up an MSRP deal as they are making less than 2,000 units for '08! Just figured I would give you a heads-up as I wouldn't waste any time on it.

Welcome to the boards, by the way. Let us know your progress!!! :happy feet:

Thanks Mastermech!

I'm trying to calculate what exactly MSRP would be on the VERT SGT. Would I add 11,800.00 to the price of a Mustang premium GT and be accurate? Also for those who ordered a SGT what where the options. Where they the same as on the GT500? Interior upgrade, Siruis, etc, or where there any other options.

CW

....My Shelby GT had a MSRP of $39,110. It is a premium trim with Shaker 500, Sirius, active antitheft and wheels locks. The difference for the Shelby package on the 2007 and the 2008 convertible is $3410. I estimate a comparably equipped 2008 Shelby GT convertible would MSRP around $42,520.

To answer your question how to figure it out for yourself. You have to take the price of the basic Mustang you want with options add $2140 for the Ford upfitter package and then $11,800 for the Shelby GT convertible charge from Shelby. Some options might not be available on the Shelby GT. Example, the comfort group was not available on the 2007 Shelby GTs. Good luck.

2008 MUSTANG Page: 1 of 1

Order No: 9001 Priority: 13 Order Type: 1 Price Level: 815

Ord Code: 180A Cust/Flt Name: WILDER PO Number:

RETAIL

T85 GT CONV PREMIUM $31845 .

235/50/ZR18

G9 VISTA BLUE CC

.SPOILER DELETE

K LTHR TRIMD BKT

.3.55 LTD SLIP

W DARK CHARCOAL

.18" ALUM WHEEL

180A ORDER CODE

PONY CENTER CAP

.PWR DRIVER SEAT

2 U.S. GAL GAS

.SHKR 500 AUDIO

FDAF ASSESSMENT

.ANTI-LOCK BRKS

DEST AND DELIV 745

.TRACTION CONTRL

99H .4.6L 3V OHC V8 NC

TOTAL 34730

44K .5-SPD MAN TRANS NC

*THIS IS NOT AN INVOICE*

86A VINYL CONV ROOF NC

.BLACK

FRT LICENSE BKT NC

SHIP-TO: 88WKH7

Shelby Automobiles, Inc.

Las Vegas, NV

54U UPFITTERS PKG 2140

TOTAL BASE AND OPTIONS 34730

+$11800 for shelby GT Package(MSRP)= $46530

This would be BASE BASE BASE, meaning vinyl top(won't see many) rather than cloth top($230 or so option)

rest of options are pretty well open as long as you don't try to change the interior.

While Comfort group was and is available(heated seats and power passenger seat.) the interior color can ONLY be Charcoal, instead of being able to be flint or parchment as was available in 07.

*mucho editing because conceps is not word wrap friendly

2008 MUSTANG Page: 1 of 1

Order No: 9001 Priority: 13 Order Type: 1 Price Level: 815

Ord Code: 180A Cust/Flt Name: WILDER PO Number:

RETAIL

T85 GT CONV PREMIUM $31845 .

235/50/ZR18

G9 VISTA BLUE CC

.SPOILER DELETE

K LTHR TRIMD BKT

.3.55 LTD SLIP

W DARK CHARCOAL

.18" ALUM WHEEL

180A ORDER CODE

PONY CENTER CAP

.PWR DRIVER SEAT

2 U.S. GAL GAS

.SHKR 500 AUDIO

FDAF ASSESSMENT

.ANTI-LOCK BRKS

DEST AND DELIV 745

.TRACTION CONTRL

99H .4.6L 3V OHC V8 NC

TOTAL 34730

44K .5-SPD MAN TRANS NC

*THIS IS NOT AN INVOICE*

86A VINYL CONV ROOF NC

.BLACK

FRT LICENSE BKT NC

SHIP-TO: 88WKH7

Shelby Automobiles, Inc.

Las Vegas, NV

54U UPFITTERS PKG 2140

TOTAL BASE AND OPTIONS 34730

+$11800 for shelby GT Package(MSRP)= $46530

This would be BASE BASE BASE, meaning vinyl top(won't see many) rather than cloth top($230 or so option)

rest of options are pretty well open as long as you don't try to change the interior.

While Comfort group was and is available(heated seats and power passenger seat.) the interior color can ONLY be Charcoal, instead of being able to be flint or parchment as was available in 07.

*mucho editing because conceps is not word wrap friendly

Thanks nilkilla,

Ouch is right though :banghead: !! I was thinking you place the order on the Mustang and the increased price from Shelby accountated for the vert. 46,530.00 seems like a lot for this car even if it's limited to a run of 2000. Low 40's was more palatable.After Tax,tag,title you'll be up there.

I really like the looks of the vert with silver stripes, I also wanted to add a SC from shelby similar to what some of the other members have done. I really like Son of GT's with the Gt-H hood and 20's. Also someone had a sweet black one as well. Maybe I should just spend the money on upgrades for my GT500???

CW

......ouch, what is the MSRP on a convertible GT500

Shelbypilot,

I Love you car. That may look better than most GT500's. Upgrades look great. What did you end up paying for all the upgrades? I know you got a SC, 40th wheels and hood?

CW

yes, i had a customer with a similar dilemma on an 07 s-gt vs an 07 gt500. at 12500 OVER MSRP on the gt500, on a $50k msrp convertible, once had added a super charger and brake upgrade to the s-gt he was at $12500 difference in cars. except the s-gt is a coupe vs the gt500 being a convertible, so make that difference more like 7500. he asked me which i'd prefer. I told him the coupe, BUT that since he loved the convertible top so much, then he should take the cobra. He is a proud driver as of today!

Tim

Thanks Mastermech!

I'm trying to calculate what exactly MSRP would be on the VERT SGT. Would I add 11,800.00 to the price of a Mustang premium GT and be accurate? Also for those who ordered a SGT what where the options. Where they the same as on the GT500? Interior upgrade, Siruis, etc, or where there any other options.

CW

I would order CS hood, Super Charger, upgraded brakes and 5 speed. You will have a very awesome looking with good power and a very collectible car that will appreciate in value. Be prepared to be patient. I can't stress enough, get the Super Charger and Hood.

Shelbypilot,

I Love you car. That may look better than most GT500's. Upgrades look great. What did you end up paying for all the upgrades? I know you got a SC, 40th wheels and hood?

CW

......about $20K. The Shelby invoice for s/c, hood, brakes, misc was $13K and the wheels and tires were about $5.6K. The wheels were over the top, I might not do them again if I had the chance.

Archived