TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What Color (colour) is for you?

Guest staff2

What color of Shelby GT500 is for you?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. What color of Shelby GT500 is for you?

• White
    • Red
    • Black
    • Yellow
    • Blue
    • Green
    • Legend Lime
    • Grey

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am will get black and I am planning ghost blue stripes on it. I want something a little different and since this won't be my daily driver I can keep the black clean enough.

My last stang was black and hard to keep clean but I loved the color when it was clean!

I am will get black and I am planning ghost blue stripes on it.  I want something a little different and since this won't be my daily driver I can keep the black clean enough.

My last stang was black and hard to keep clean but I loved the color when it was clean!

386[/snapback]

The black w/ blue detail is bad ass. Black really is impossible to keep clean. You'll go mad. Just get on the expressway and open it up. You'll blast the water spots right off! (and take a couple of Corvette's w/ you in the process)

Now that would be one way to air dry it. ;)

I want to have a theme with my car so going to add a lot of Air Force items at shows for it.

I was in the Army, now in the Air Force... so they both got me to the point in my life where I can get this great car. I might as well let them get some of the credit... and Brad Barnett/Scothew.

:D

I still want Gunsteel Blue. Almost like welded titanium with all those rainbow colours. Maybe they could finally come out with the gold Mystic colour as well. A really deep wine red would be cool. Something wet looking and dark to set of the lines. The new S-197 looks good in certain colours and like arse in others.

My choice (this week) if I could get it:

Tungsten Grey 'vert with Quicksilver stripes--painted, and a light grey top.  I think I would have an "organism" if I could order it that way!

417[/snapback]

That's funny..."This week.." I was committed to Valencia orange w/ black once I put the $$ down. Then I went to sonic blue w/ black and now sonic blue w/ white. :blink: Damn that color palette!

That's funny..."This week.." I was committed to Valencia orange w/ black once I put the $$ down. Then I went to sonic blue w/ black and now sonic blue w/ white. :blink:  Damn that color palette!

426[/snapback]

No kidding! I'm down to:

1) Black w/black ghost stripes (not from the factory..);

2) Tungsten and: a)Quicksilver b)Ghosted silver;

3) Classic white w/Blue Stripes;

4) Sonic Blue with a) white stripes B) ghosted blue stripes

5) Valencia orange w/black

Feel like an idiot because I can't make up my mind!!! :rolleyes:

Hey, does any one know what the convertible top color choices are???

I heard just Black & Tan. How about Gray? How about White??? Does anyone know anything about this?

Black with rocker stripes only, but Vista Blue with white stripes would be a close second choice.  Wouldn't really matter as long as it didn't have that ugly hood on it.

What choices of interior colors is there going to be?  Anybody have any info?

505[/snapback]

I think that is another of my issues. With the new hood you don't have a clean line (stripe). One thing I have learnt about stripes, flames, etc, you have to keep the lines flowing and uninterupted.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

My first choice for a color would be Dark Moss Green with white Lemans stripes, as that is the color of our 67 GT500. I would love to have a matching pair sitting next to each other in the garage. This is the car I've been waiting for!

Hello!

My first choice for a color would be Dark Moss Green with white Lemans stripes, as that is the color of our 67 GT500. I would love to have a matching pair  sitting next to each other in the garage. This is the car I've been waiting for!

640[/snapback]

Got a picture you could post of your '67?

Do you have one on order?

KingCobra.

Hello!

My first choice for a color would be Dark Moss Green with white Lemans stripes, as that is the color of our 67 GT500. I would love to have a matching pair  sitting next to each other in the garage. This is the car I've been waiting for!

640[/snapback]

Sweeet. Please post a link or pic of the 67.

655[/snapback]

Okay, hopefully this will work. I'm kind of new to this blog stuff, but I tried to attach a picture of our car. Our local dealer won't accept deposits yet, but I am #2 on their list. they say they will get 1 for sure, probably 2, possibly 3. I was hoping to be #1 on the list, as the sales manager is a buddy of mine and I was emailing him info on the car before Ford announced it. He didn't believe that it was going to be built. However I think one of their repeat customers who has purchased a bunch of cars form them over the years bumped me to #2. I can't blame them for that however, you have to take care of your good customers first!

655[/snapback]

Okay, hopefully this will work. I'm kind of new to this blog stuff, but I tried to attach a picture of our car. Our local dealer won't accept deposits yet, but I am #2 on their list. they say they will get 1 for sure, probably 2, possibly 3. I was hoping to be #1 on the list, as the sales manager is a buddy of mine and I was emailing him info on the car before Ford announced it. He didn't believe that it was going to be built. However I think one of their repeat customers who has purchased a bunch of cars form them over the years bumped me to #2. I can't blame them for that however, you have to take care of your good customers first!

post-2337-1131417537.jpg

post-2337-1131417667_thumb.jpg

post-2337-1131417537.jpg

post-2337-1131417667_thumb.jpg

Well I'm not sure how I put it in there twice, but at least I got it in there. My wife & I bought it over 23 years ago, our family thought we were nuts. It's one of those cars that looks better in pictures than in real life, but it makes a great driver. I don't worry about rock chips & door dings because the paint is almost 24 years old. It could stand to be repainted, but it still looks good from about 10 feet away, and looks good going down the road. It would cost almost as much to have it painted as we paid for the car! Anyway, this is why I would love to see Dark green as one of the colors in '07. If it isn't available I'm thinking Vista Blue would be my second choice. Actually it would probably my first choice if our '67 wasn't Dark Green. I just think it would be cool to have them match. Brittany Blue is my favorite color on the '67's, and I like Windveil Blue really well on the '05 GT's. That would be a great color on an '07 GT500 too!

The car looks sweet. Take good care of them and they take good care of you. Thanks for keeping that one real. Makes me miss the family 64 Galaxie 500 XL. Dad threw a rod in 65 and had a 427 Med-riser installed(64 #). Sure was fun getting my drivers licence in that thing.

Well I'm not sure how I put it in there twice, but at least I got it in there. My wife & I bought it over 23 years ago, our family thought we were nuts. It's one of those cars that looks better in pictures than in real life, but it makes a great driver. I don't worry about rock chips & door dings because the paint is almost 24 years old. It could stand to be repainted, but it still looks good from about 10 feet away, and looks good going down the road. It would cost almost as much to have it painted as we paid for the car! Anyway, this is why I would love to see Dark green as one of the colors in '07. If it isn't available I'm thinking Vista Blue would be my second choice. Actually it would probably my first choice if our '67 wasn't Dark Green. I just think it would be cool to have them match. Brittany Blue is my favorite color on the '67's, and I like Windveil Blue really well on the '05 GT's. That would be a great color on an '07 GT500 too!

698[/snapback]

Nice ride Owen!!! Thanks for the pic. I've seen them on other cars before, but what are the connectors on the front corners of the hood for?

KingCobra.

Okay, hopefully this will work. I'm kind of new  to this blog stuff, but I tried to attach a picture of our car. Our local dealer won't accept deposits yet, but I am #2 on their list. they say they will get 1 for sure, probably 2, possibly 3. I was hoping to be #1 on the list, as the sales manager is a buddy of mine and I was emailing him info on the car before Ford announced it. He didn't believe that it was going to be built. However I think one of their repeat customers who has purchased a bunch of cars form them over the years bumped me to #2. I can't blame them for that however, you have to take care of your good customers first!

696[/snapback]

Wow. The Shelby & Boss mustangs are the baddest cars ever made. 428 cid police interceptor (425 horse?), twin hollies, 4 speed toploader w/ Magstar rims? Was there an option for you to add a Paxton supercharger to a GT500?

B)

Okay, hopefully this will work. I'm kind of new  to this blog stuff, but I tried to attach a picture of our car. Our local dealer won't accept deposits yet, but I am #2 on their list. they say they will get 1 for sure, probably 2, possibly 3. I was hoping to be #1 on the list, as the sales manager is a buddy of mine and I was emailing him info on the car before Ford announced it. He didn't believe that it was going to be built. However I think one of their repeat customers who has purchased a bunch of cars form them over the years bumped me to #2. I can't blame them for that however, you have to take care of your good customers first!

697[/snapback]

LOL, I am number 2 as well at my dealership, w/ a $2k refundable deposit down.

I am going to order the Valencia Orange if the color is ofered as stated. If not I would then go to a green or yellow!

Your GT500 is such a sweet ride, I eventually want to buy one, but close to $200k for a mint one is a little steep to spend on my 3rd car right now. What do you think yours is worth?

I really don't know what it's worth. I watch EBAY, but I don't believe half of what you see on there is legitimate. There are cars that get huge bids on them, but they don't sell. It makes me wonder if they are really for sale, or if the owners put huge reserves on them and have their buddies bid them up to make them appear to be worth more. By looking at the cars that actually sell you get a better feel, but there are alot more that don't sell than do. Ours is a 4-speed car, and it's an early production # so the rear scoops are functional, these things seem to help the value. I think if it were actually for sale it would be somewhere in the 80,000 to

90,000 range, but who knows? It's funny, there are several guys in our car club with GT500's - two brothers who have 68's and one guy who has a '69 convertible. We have all had them so long that the most anybody paid for them is $8000. I don't think the brothers paid over $4000 combined! But nobody wants to part with them because we've all had them too long! One of the brothers has a line-lock on his and he does the most unbelievable burnouts you've ever seen! I'll try to attach a video of it if it'll work.Most of us go to the Shelby Does Vegas meet in February just to get out of Montana in the winter, I'm hoping the '07 GT500 show car will be there this year, I can't wait to see one in person!

Wow $4k a piece, thats funny!

I am referring to Barrett-Jackson prices not EBAY. All of the 500's I have seen on it have gone for close to $200k.

745[/snapback]

Yeah. you're right! Barrett-Jackson seems to bring out all the people who have more money than common sense! if I had that kind of money that's what I'd spend it on!

Yeah. you're right! Barrett-Jackson seems to bring out all the people who have more money than common sense! if I had that kind of money that's what I'd spend it on!

757[/snapback]

LOL, that's right. I wonder what yours would go for on Barrett-Jackson. I agree you pay more there and plus their commisson, BUT you pay for piece of mind that what you are buying is what you are buying! They do all the leg work and guarantee it for you!

Archived